$4k fix??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so the tahoe is at the dealership for shock replacement i get a call and the estimate is $4000. the shocks are $600 a pop. is there an aftermarket set up that i could do that would be cheaper?? they are doing 50/50 with me so my cost would be a little more than $2k. i have an 01 LT w/autoride. any quick responses would be great.

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i know i couldn't believe it when i heard it. called a few other shops and they gave me about the same estimate so i went ahead and bit the bullett ,it will cost me about $2K and change and that will include rear brakes. all i know is this thing better ride like im floatin on a cloud.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man! I heard that and I hope it all goes well and rides like a dream for you. You have earned it paying that much! :thumbsup:

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure if they are going to be changing the switches and sensors, is that something that is normally done when the shocks are changed? Also that table is a little confusing, are those the parts and the cost for them? if so is that $383.88 for the "self adjust manual level control" the shock itself? because if so they were quoting $600 each for them at the dealership (chevy). i actually havent gotten the repair done yet since the shocks didn't come in as ordered. thanks for the replies