Need Help Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i reinstalled the HIDS with the Relay, BAD ASS nomore problems
:mad2: But i disconnected the battery to install the relay to the battery and had to reset the PassKey Lock for the Remote Start, But i started my Truck and the speedometer is stuck passed 100mph:mad2:

What happened?
What do i need to do?
PLEASE HELP

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Sounds like the stepper motor coincidentally went bad. You'll probably have ta have it repaired. You can try a temp fix. Pull the cluster out, remove the lens, manually move the needle and see if it will stay at zero.

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF.. now i'm skeptical on putting some hid's in... F*(K

Everything is good now, pulled positive cable from battery for about 5-10 minutes, reinstalled it and went back to ZERO, NOTHING to worry about:thumbsup:

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you have to disable the auto-on? im really non-electrician so any help in this is appreciated:yesnod:

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang.. I bet that scared ya a little bit.. Glad to hear it's back to normal.
I wanna get some HID's myself. I was looking on ebay, and they seem to have sets that come with 1-2year warranties around 80-90 bucks. Anybody used any of these? and whats up with disableing the auto-on?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
did you have to disable the auto-on? im really non-electrician so any help in this is appreciated:yesnod:

If you have your parking brake on when you start the truck in the dark, then the auto-on won't come on while the truck is cranking. As long as the auto-on isn't turning the lights on while you are cranking the engine, then you should be ok. This is the only problem I know of, is that the auto feature will turn on the lights as you pass ignition position and start cranking the truck. The voltage drops below a certain level while cranking, sometimes too low for the HID ballasts to successfully ignite the bulbs. I believe the auto feature on most vehicles with factory HIDs don't come on until after the engine has already started, if I'm not mistaken.

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't disable the auto-on, and i haven't had any problem yet. After i installed the relay harness, the HIDS don't even flicker when i start the motor. Well i also have a Optima Red Top Battery, i don't know if that helps or not

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EB doesnt work, the lights still come on:mad2: when cranking they go off tho is that ok? can you get into some details about that relay harness? i already ordered my HIDs but this is getting annoying with everything i have to do! (its only annoying because i dont know what im doing!)

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EB doesnt work, the lights still come on:mad2: when cranking they go off tho is that ok? can you get into some details about that relay harness? i already ordered my HIDs but this is getting annoying with everything i have to do! (its only annoying because i dont know what im doing!)

It's a harness that hooks up to one of your existing Low or High Beam(which ever your doing) plugs and comes with a relay you add POWER from battery and Ground, Then the harness has to new plugs for your lights.
In other words you only be using one of your factory plugs(for the Lights)and thats only to activate the relay

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the auto-on isn't turning the lights on while you are cranking the engine, then you should be ok.
If I turn the auto-on off before i crank the engine will that work?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we have an acadia and an enclave, they both have HIDS, and when you unlock they turn the lights on, they stay on when they crank. how is gm able to do that but not the after market people???