Tire wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99tahoe

Reaction score
I recently got some new tires. Before that, I changed the inner and outer tie rods and got an alignment done. Now, less than 3000 kms later, the outside of my 2 front tires are starting to cup again. Any ideas? Ball joints are still good and tires are balanced. The rears are like new. Maybe the alignment was done wrong? Any info is much appreciated. Thanks.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I recently got some new tires. Before that, I changed the inner and outer tie rods and got an alignment done. Now, less than 3000 kms later, the outside of my 2 front tires are starting to cup again. Any ideas? Ball joints are still good and tires are balanced. The rears are like new. Maybe the alignment was done wrong? Any info is much appreciated. Thanks.

It's possible the alignment wasn't completed properly. Sounds like the camber is off. Too much positive camber will wear the outside edges of the tires. I would take it back to the place where you had the alignment performed and have them double check. And if the alignment was inproperly done, talk to a manager and see what they can do about the tires, like possibly meeting you halfway for a set of new ones .

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inner and outer tie rod ends are not the only part that wears out. Take it back to the shop that aligned it and ask them to check the rest of the components, ie ball joints, idler arm, pittman arm... Most shops around here will check these for free since most people will have them go ahead and replace the parts if they are bad.

Jason_Ridgeway

Reaction score

sounds like they didnt align it right:thumbsup: