help with radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jecemt1

Reaction score
Im having a problem with my 02' Tahoe radio. It resets itself most of the time I turn the truck off and turn it back on. The radio displays 1:00 and the station goes to what i have set in FM bank 1. can anyone help? I e mailed delco and they said it might be an ignition problem! Does anyone have any ideas ? Its driving me insane to have to reset the clock every time i go to start the truck !

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
There is an orange wire on the harness that plugs into the radio. This wire should have about +12v all the time, no matter what position the key is in the ign cylinder. This wire provides the radio's memory function. I would test this wire with the radio still plugged in to make sure it gets constant 12v while turning the key slowly into each position from the OFF position all the way into the RUN position. Then start the truck and see how low the voltage drops while the engine cranks. If you have sufficient voltage to this wire all the time, the fault may be in the unit itself.

jecemt1

Reaction score
I went in and found 3 orange wires, on is on a smaller harness and is constant feed 12v, the other two are on a main harness, one is constant feed, the other has not power to it. none of them are marked. I also noticed when i started tampering with the wires, the radio was turning on and off quickly... Im guessing i have a bad connection. now i just have to find it.

jecemt1

Reaction score
Radio Problem is back

I am having this radio problem again where it resets back to 1:00. Only now, when i turn the key to any position other then turning the truck on, the radio stays blank, then when I crank it, the time comes on to 1:00. every time i turn the truck off and back on, its the same thing all over. Any suggestions ?

lovemytaho

Reaction score
I have 02 Tahoe I have the exact same problem I will start looking to find what cause if I found I will let you know for sure and if you found please let me know.
Thankyou.