Headlights, LEDS and conversions, parking lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK this question is mostly about headlights ans LEDs etc.
I see TONS of euro tail ligts and LEDs etc. all over the web. I want to know if someone can RECOMMEND a brand that is of high quality. i just want some smoked or black plug and easy replacements for the stock rear tail lights for the 99 Denali.

My questions about the front headlight assy... Mine are stock and appear foggy/fogged on the inside. I would like to replace them with something cool and better.
I read a lot about "conversion" lights. what exactly does this mean?:confused:
Also about the 'parking lights'; can i get a new headlight assembly that has projectors and LED turn signals all together?
I attahced some links of stuff i liked and a pic of the parking lights, but on the worng year truck.
I appriciate your thoughts on this. Im going for the blacked-out stealth look...:cool2:

Attachments

• New Microsoft Word Document.doc
    104.5 KB · Views: 17

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DSCN0421.jpg

DSCN0438.jpg

I blacked out my taillights on my Tahoe and I'm pretty sure that the 97 Tahoe tailights and the 99 Denali Lights are the same. I have crystal projector lights but the Tahoe lights and the Denali lights are different. I would try Ebay if you want lights thats where I got mine.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea ebay rules for taillights, headlights, turn signals, and bulbs!

some of them have a tendency to create moisture inside tho

be sure to check for any drain holes or vent holes especially in headlights and turn signal assemblys. i plug the holes with surf board wax or vasoline to keep the lights looking brand new. if water gets inside it makes gross water spots on the chrome reflectors. humidity is really bad down south so i had to do some redneck engineering!

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea ebay rules for taillights, headlights, turn signals, and bulbs!

some of them have a tendency to create moisture inside tho

be sure to check for any drain holes or vent holes especially in headlights and turn signal assemblys. i plug the holes with surf board wax or vasoline to keep the lights looking brand new. if water gets inside it makes gross water spots on the chrome reflectors. humidity is really bad down south so i had to do some redneck engineering!

Yea, Ebay rules for lights (not so much for engine stuff). The moisture thing happened with me, and I got those water spots, fortunately the dealer replaced mine. Instead of plugging the new ones I drilled some new/bigger holes for drainage. You can't even notice the new holes. :Chevy:

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had to plug mine because i have a tendency to sink the front end in deep muddy ruts. =)