Adding a subwoofer and amp to stock unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gettreal

Reaction score
Subject says it all...anybody done it? In my corvette before I got a new headunit, I bought a PAC adapter and plugged it in the back of the radio which gave me outputs for an amp and then just ran power and ground from the battery. im thinking this might be the same case but wanted to ask first. I have the nav unit if it matters. Thanks

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All LT and LTZ model 2007 come with Bose speakers and external non adjustable Amp, option code is UQA.
Code Y91 is an option code for a Bose Lux amp found in Denali and Escalade's and UQ7 was the code for the previous model (2006 and older) Bose Speaker/Amp system.

The subwoofer for the Bose speaker system is located in a plastic housing in the front lower portion of the center console. The sub is a 6.5" dual voice coil speaker and the amp is about 10" long, roughly 5"wide and about 2.5" thick.

Gettreal

Reaction score
Thank you for the response, I will be keeping the entire stock set up but looking to add a subwoofer box in the rear powered by a seperate amp to really pump heavy Bass, probably two 10" subwoofers. The system sounds really good as it is, but I like a little extra thump

doo600 said:
All LT and LTZ model 2007 come with Bose speakers and external non adjustable Amp, option code is UQA.
Code Y91 is an option code for a Bose Lux amp found in Denali and Escalade's and UQ7 was the code for the previous model (2006 and older) Bose Speaker/Amp system.

The subwoofer for the Bose speaker system is located in a plastic housing in the front lower portion of the center console. The sub is a 6.5" dual voice coil speaker and the amp is about 10" long, roughly 5"wide and about 2.5" thick.

calientecafe

Reaction score
all you need is a line level converter which converts speaker wire input to rca's. go off your back tweeters. +-+-, dont need the ground

$20 fix

ohmslaw

Reaction score
Check ebay guy has a harness for sale that you can tap into a factory bose system and provide a signal for a 4 channel amp

dnosryd

Reaction score
I did a LOC tapped into the right rear door speaker for the signal feed to a 800watt amp pushing a single 12. Sounds great but if you fade to the front you lose it. After the install I found that if you use the rear controls the bass still plays but once I rewired it to the front speaker the rear controls work fine.