Where do you have your fog lights mounted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Winter's coming up and with the way it snows around here, I really want to get my fog lights installed. I need the light low and close to the ground so it's not reflecting the light off the snow back into my face.

For those of you that have fog lights mounted low. How did you guys mount the lights? I don't see a stock area to mount fog lights.

Thanks,

Hardwarz

Redwood

Reaction score
simple fix

For a 4x4 make a bracket out of mild steel strap, one inch wide or less.These pieces are available at most hardware stores in the same aisle as the gate latches, etc. Bolt it onto the frame near the tow hook mounts. They will be alot lower than headlights but not get scraped off by the speed bumps in McDonald's. Hook your ground wire up here to the frame with those star washers that dig in also. To make sure the lights don't get that annoying jitter bug vibration, wedge some thick foam rubber or a folded up piece of inner tube between the mount and the frame or bumper. Keep it small so they aren't seen. Use heavy gage wire and a relay, you'll have some good lights. Good luck.