LS / LT Difference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boggers

Reaction score
Hello fellow ho's new to the forum and i got a quickie to all you in the know.. How do i tell the difference between a LT and a LS? Thanks

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
biggest difference i notice is there are no fog lights and the door handles are black and plastic compared to painted medel handles on the door.

boggers

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replys.
The reason im asking is i bought a tahoe a month ago but the badges on the c pillar are taken off. It has the painted dor handles, fully electricaly adjustable leather seats and 5,3 ltr V8 Does that make it a LT? Also how would i see if i have the autoride system, i guess some kind of compressor should be heard at startup and maybe some airhoses going to the shocks ?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replys.
The reason im asking is i bought a tahoe a month ago but the badges on the c pillar are taken off. It has the painted dor handles, fully electricaly adjustable leather seats and 5,3 ltr V8 Does that make it a LT? Also how would i see if i have the autoride system, i guess some kind of compressor should be heard at startup and maybe some airhoses going to the shocks ?

Sounds like an LT to me. What year is it? Some of the later models didn't have the LS/LT badges.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
00 tahoe, with leather almost always garentees LT. i think of lt as leather truck. or luxury truck , but whats ls then. Or luxury touring, and ls as luxury standard.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my hoe came with fog lights, leather, BOSE, but black plastic handles! custom order?:confused: everything on the inside says lux, but the outside its like it has no options!

00'hoe

Reaction score
is your tahoe a newer or older body style, because i have a 2000 older body style and its a z71 with all of the accessories you wrote down

boggers

Reaction score
is your tahoe a newer or older body style, because i have a 2000 older body style and its a z71 with all of the accessories you wrote down

It a newer body style with alot of the LT stuff on it but then i got a cassett player and no foglights, maybe the previous owner took them off. .maybe its a LT with LS, Lots of Things with some Less Stuff.. :shhh:

00'hoe

Reaction score
oh
well if its leather and an 03' than its most likely an Lt

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LT isn't cheap looking and has more features than the LS. Such as body color door handles and leather.