Vents?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue

Reaction score
I have a 2001 tahoe 5.3,
now when I put on the fans on speed 1-4 I hear nothing,
then when I put it on 5 I hear a big buzzing sound (fans blowing)

is it normal I don't hear them on speed 1-4?

As when I put the rear fans on speed 1-3 I already hear them.

thanks.

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing, but on all speeds. I don't know where the fan is located in this truck but I once had to take out one in a grand prix and it was behind the glove box to lube it and the sound went away.

kaiks

Reaction score
if the blower is not working on all speeds except high....i'm 99.99% sure the blower motor resistor is burnt. on high it is connected straight to power.

but if you're saying it works on all speeds, but buzzes on high, then you probably got something stuck on the blower itself or it's out of balance.

Blue

Reaction score
ok, thanks, that's what I meant.
On the other settings it seems it doesn't make a noise,
on the highest setting (5) it makes a sound (normal blowing sound as you would get in every car at max blower speed)

since this is my first tahoe, I wasn't sure if it
1) was broken as it needed to make sounds at lower speeds aswell
2) is normal that it only makes a sound at highest speed.

I'll have the dealer check it, as I only bought it 2 weeks ago and it's already in the shop again, I lost all powersteering and braking and the signal for brakes came on at the dash!
:ack:

Blue

Reaction score
All problems where nicely fixed under warrenty by the dealer.

the problem with the heating was indeed the one you suggested, so it now also blows on speeds 1-4

The oil pump for brakes and steering is now a brand new one

The drivers mirror heating works again

and some small things where even also fixed (2 lights on the driversdoor buttons for the windows didn't work anymore, now they do)

so a fingers up for my dealer :)