How to make my hoe go over 100?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRB07

Reaction score

:confused: I drive a 00 hoe 5.3L V8, it runs great, but when I step on it and it gits to 100, then it just kinda gets stuck their or it starts decreasing speed, I wanted to ask if there is a solution for that, some kind of chip or some thing?:Chevy:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You have to reprogram the PCM to change the governor. You can request to change this with a place that does custom PCM tunes, or buy a programmer that has this option.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one of my local shops has a Snap On computer that hooks up right in to the data base, i was able to adjust my speed gov to 120 which is the max on the speedo on the 06 at least i remember on my 99 it was 100, but i also had the torque control adjusted and now when i floor it from a stop, it does not feel like im towing another car and i acully burn some rubber.

CAUTION, THE SPEED GOVENER IS USALLY THE SPEED LIMIT OF THE TIRES, IF YOU GO FASTER THEY WILL OVER HEAT AND BLOW OUT. i have changed my tires out to high preformance, i lost off road traction but i can go fast. Still works on sand, but mud NO WAY, i may buy mud tires and before we go off roading change them out.

JRB07

Reaction score
Well my speedometer only goes to 100, but the truck feels like it wants to go faster, so I don't know if to leave it alone or do same mod's to it, so the beast would be unleashed!!!!!!!!:smilielol:

Attachments

• 00Hoe00.jpg
    00Hoe00.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 26

JRB07

Reaction score
NA!!!!!! ill stick to my hoe, I just want a fast hoe, hahaha:smilielol: some thing bout fast SUV's catches my attention more than sports cars

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:iagree: i want nothing more then to supercharge the hoe! fast and spacious! who could ask for more?

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont really care about getting my hoe to go over 100. I have 24s on it and i dont think a black tank like mine on shoes that big is can stop well at that speed. I would however like to get rid of the Torque Managegement. I hate drive by wire because of this! Because it feels like an M1 tank when I take off!

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you buy it brand new? If you bought it used maybe someone already set the speed governor higher! I know for a fact that all 99-up GMT-800 SUVs have a speed governor at 100. Maybe you came up on yours!

S

smmperformance

Hi. We have these programmers you need available, no problem. Please email us and we will help you out with them...

S

smmperformance

Hi. We have these programmers you want available, no problem. Please email us and we will help you out with them...

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I accidently hit 120 in the denali no problem, I definitely need brakes if I even try that again. Most programmers will delete the limiter, my superchips bumped up the rev limiter too.

Piskin

Reaction score
i was driving and the needle on the speedometer stopped at 100 but a friend driving behind me said we were going 110. What's with that?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea they roll nicly. but i bet yours would more than mine with the 3.42 insted of 4.10 like mine.
:skep: The denalis have 3.73's :D
i was driving and the needle on the speedometer stopped at 100 but a friend driving behind me said we were going 110. What's with that?
Your speedo is off, they're proportional so the faster you go the more different you speed becomes. I'd say you have a 1/2" or slightly larger tire than stock and that may be what is causing the variance.