turn signal relay fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

limeytahoe

Reaction score
Can anyone help,
My turn signal relay clicks all the time the engine is running or ignition is on but the turn signals & hazard lights work fine when used.
Replaced relay with new one & problem is still there.
The click is the same speed as if you were using the turn signals.
We live in England so information is hard to come by.
My Tahoe is a 2000 limited all black model but the old shape.
Thanks,
Limeytahoe. :thumbsup:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple -- Your trouble will be solved by cranking up the volume on the stereo! See -- wasn't that helpful? :lol:

Seriously tho -- JKmotorsports is the dude to ask about that one...

Cheers!

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you sure it is the turn signal relay.....just by the sound of it, it seems to be a circuit breaker clicking on and off to me. Are there any breakers by where the relay is. Maybe a short in that circuit and not the turn signal relay.

limeytahoe

Reaction score
are you sure it is the turn signal relay.....just by the sound of it, it seems to be a circuit breaker clicking on and off to me. Are there any breakers by where the relay is. Maybe a short in that circuit and not the turn signal relay.

I am using Haynes repiar manual for circuit wiring details. 1) If I remove stop/haz fuse 1 (20A) fault remains, push hazard switch = fault goes. 2) replace fuse 1 then remove turn /bu fuse 16 (20A) = fault goes, > turn on hazard switch = hazard ok, > turn on LH or RH turn switch = nothing happens (obvious i suppose no 12v). I suspect something is loading flasher output??