Prefered muffler choice any one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00'hoe

Reaction score
Im lookin to put true dual exhaust on my tahoe, and my buddy has the same truck with 2 super 40's flowmaster mufflers.
they sound great, but my truck has to be louder, hahaha, you now what i mean. i dont want to put a glasspack on it b/c they dont sound good when your really pushin on the gass

any suggestions?

JRB07

Reaction score
I have the same one your buddy has on his, but i have an 00, witha a 5.3L V8, but iv heard the boral exhaust and it sounds nice!!!!!!! i wish i wuld of gone with that one insted, but too late, check this web page out and see waht you think http://www.borla.com/

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah stay away from glassbacks. I hate them. My friend has a '05 Silverado with dual Flowmaster 40 Series, and that can be pretty loud at times. It will do a little popping on deceleration too. I just have a single 50 Series muffler with a dual exit out of the rear. It has a more conservative, deeper rumble than the 40 Series. It will be heard though once you take it to about 2k rpm. It won't pop however, or it will very little.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 03 yuk has one 40 series on it and it's dumped. And to me, sounds just like I think it should..:yesnod:

Last edited:

riceplanter

Reaction score
How about headers? Are the dynatech's header system worth buying?

Attachments

• dynamicimage.jpg
    dynamicimage.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 0

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know its not a dual system, but i think the Corsa cat-back is the best sounding system ever. I know you can buy just the mufflers, so you may consider doing custom duals with corsa muffer? Just my 2 cents but i wont buy anything else ever again.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read repeatedly, on this forum and others, what appears to be almost total satisfaction with Borla and Corsa. Having said that, I had a Flowmaster 40 put on my wife's Rover and you can hear it coming half a block away without a drone inside. She is very pleased and gas milage increased as well.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forget what they call it,(resonance maybe??) but ya you can feel it when your on the highway cruisin.. but in the city it's really not to bad on me unless I wanna hear it!! But I like that part most.. just a lil extra pedal and you can bark at someone being a dumbass

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no drone inside the Rover from the 40 series. I have read where this is a problem with some vehicles so it must vary from model to model.

turbo78vair

Reaction score
Our new, to us, '05 Z71 has a Corsa system on it. I really like the sound. Nice rumble, but not objectionable.

GaryC - Southern Indiana
'05 Z71, 5.3, Westin grill guard and lights, Corsa cat back.

00'hoe

Reaction score
i think im going to get 2 cherrybomb extreme mufflers on my truck
they're really loud and cheap.
any one have these on their "hoe"
if so, i love to hear some feedback.

thanks

00'hoe

Reaction score
thanks for all the feedback guys
just got my truck back today, i got 2 40 series with 5 inch black chrome tips, the truck sounds mean as hell

just got my windows tinted 5% to
the "hoe" is finally commin together
haha