drop and wheel combonation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason_Ridgeway

Reaction score
Im looking into getting some 22'' wheels,but I want to drop my Yukon right over the wheels with no rubbing,so if there is anyone here willing to help with this problem I would be very thankful.I would need the backspacing and right tire size i think,and the right rim with Ive seen some trucks on here with what looked liked the same combo,:thumbsup: like these

Attachments

• myhoe.jpg
    myhoe.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 117-1705_IMG.jpg
    117-1705_IMG.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 3

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First one looks pretty cool. Second one looks like a beaner-mobile (all you need is like an El Salvador flag on it or some chrome curb-feelers, wiper blade covers, and a chrome cell phone antenna). I know that's like totally racist or whatever, but it's my first impression. That wheel/tire combo is too small for the big ride, and it's either bagged or sitting on the bump-stops; what a horrible ride it must be.

Jason_Ridgeway

Reaction score
Look.If you are going to post on here thats fine Im thankful but when you do post try and post something helpful instead of attacking someones style,Ok I agree the wheels are a little small on the second one,but thats what the person likes that ownes that truck,personaly I dont know the person.but these pictures where for reference only.I do like the first one better only because thats more of the way I would do mine!Again thank you for your input

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Style is subjective...

You asked, I responded, you agreed. I don't hate the second one, it's just that I see lots like that around my neck of the woods here in northern VA, most loaded up with folks of dubious immigration status...

I really do like the first one because the wheels & tires fill out the fender more effectively without looking totally slammed. My $.02.

Cheers, and good luck!

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jason,
I dropped my 99 denali, using the belltech shackles and torsions keys 179$ at stylinconcepts... the front was cranked down too low to drive with 285/50/20 so i brought it back up slightly with the stock torsion keys. the total drop was 3 in back and 2 in front and the ride is unchanged (pretty much) and nothing scrubs, even at harsh bumps in the road during turning etc.

the first of your pics I prefer that look over the second, because the wheewell is filled more. its just more pro looking to me than the second pic.

thanks for listening,
Pete