Alarm and Keyless Entry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am planning on installing a Prestige remote start with keyless entry and all that other junk. This will be the 4th vehicle that i have installed remote start on but the most complicated. Is there anyone that knows how to do the power door locks? 2002

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Sorry, but I moved the thread to the technical discussion area. The technical write-up and installation guide forum is going to be reserved for detailed tech how-to articles. For general tech questions, please post here. This way we can keep it a bit more organized.Thanks:thumbsup:

To answer your question, you can get almost all of your connections for your remote start alarm system at the BCM and ignition harness. Specifically per your post, the door locks can be caught at the brown C1 connector at the BCM. Pin A3 is a white wire which controls the unlock signal. Pin A4 is lt. blue, which controls the lock signal. The output at these wires are +DC, so the signal from your alarm's lock control has to be positive.
The BCM is under the dash below the steering column. It has three plugs; brown, blue, and purple.
The 00-06 GM trucks are easier compared to most other vehicles. On avg, it takes me about an hour to install a complete remote start alarm system in one of these, compared to about two hrs avg on most other vehicles. So if you've done four other vehicles before, you should find this one to be a bit easier.