how much hp does a new progammer give you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00'hoe

Reaction score
Lookin to get a new Super Chip programer for my tahoe

just wondering exactly how much more ft lbs of torque i would get
and how much increased hp i would get

or any other suggestions on chips that would increase my hp.

thanks

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15-25 HP gains have been seen with an aftermarket tune only by someone that knows the program. I had my 05 GTO done while on a Dyno and what a difference it made.
Exhaust, ported Throttle body, CAI all come into play too. The Trans computer can be tuned also if vehicle is equipped with one. They can make it shift smoothly around town and then an altogether different profile while under wide open throttle.
The program used on my GTO was HP Tuners. I had it at a professional tuner.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with a Hypertech programmer over a Superchip any day. I'm not sure what the specific gains are but my friend has one on his Silverado and there is definately a difference!! It is so much easier to get the rear wheels loose to do burn outs and getting onto the highway is easier because he can get up to speed faster. I just installed an Edge Power Programmer on my other friends New Denali and it HAULS ASS!! Good Luck! :Chevy: