4WD Switch: Where to Buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kgdecker

Reaction score
Where can i purchase a 4WD switch for my 2004 tahoe at a decent price?
Thanks in advance!

Coastie Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine on ebay. I looked around a lot in other places, but no luck. I was looking for a while at the ebay auctions, most were going for about 50$ plus shipping. I found mine and got lucky, it was new in the GM packageing still for 9.99$ plus 9.00$ shipping. The part number wasnt the same because it was for a 03-06 suburban, but it was the same switch. I talked to a GMC tech to make sure. But check ebay, it may take a while but eventually you will find one. Just make sure it is new..... Goos luck.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Kyle, did you ever get a chance to check out the one you replaced???

KG, Sometimes the soldering will crack and cause the switch to go out.. If you care to take some time, instead of money, you might check to see if the solders are bad and redo them. It's worked for a friend in the past!

Coastie Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did. The only thing I was able to find was a kinda loose pin. It looks like the solder may have cracked like you just said and the pin could be loose enough to make a problem. Im not sure, its not that loose, a little more than the others, but we'll see. I re-soldered it and Im going to through it back in this weekend and see if I get the light.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it could've been the problem. Thanks for checking it out cause I got the same code a couple of weeks ago and it hasn't done it since. I'm thinking I'll end up having to do some type of maintance on it in the near future.
Let us know:thumbsup:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can i purchase a 4WD switch for my 2004 tahoe at a decent price?
Thanks in advance!

I agree with Kyle, ebay is probably the best route to go, especially if you are looking for small parts that the dealer would charge you an arm and a leg for!! :Chevy:

Coastie Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said it once, they were going to TRY and charge me 250 FRICKIN DOLLARS for the part and the install. THE INSTALL!!! 4X4 switch = 75$ Poping the dash panel out =175$ Total = 250$ Me kicking the guy in the junk twice...... and day in jail, far from priceless which is why I didnt do it when he told me how much they wanted. Ebay part= 20$, free install and no jail time.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said it once, they were going to TRY and charge me 250 FRICKIN DOLLARS for the part and the install. THE INSTALL!!! 4X4 switch = 75$ Poping the dash panel out =175$ Total = 250$ Me kicking the guy in the junk twice...... and day in jail, far from priceless which is why I didnt do it when he told me how much they wanted. Ebay part= 20$, free install and no jail time.

ahaha, well you never know if you kick him in the junk it might teach him a lesson to never overcharge you!! Yea, I would say Ebay is the right wat to go:thumbsup:. :Chevy:

infantry soldier

Reaction score

My warning indicator just came on this morning. I had the instrument cluster replaced yesterday. I noticed you said "poping the dash panel out". Are you saying the sensor is behind the instrument cluster?

shadow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '00 LT - 5.3L and replaced mine last year.

Got the part from a local dealer (Caddy dealer actually) for about $60.00.

If yours is the same (?), the switch justs pulls/pops out from the mounting on the dash, just do it carefully that's all.

Try GM Parts Direct - http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ - the prices are way cheaper usually, but they nail you on the shipping, so check that out.