Power Window Problems!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:mad2:
I'm having some weird issues with my power windows!
My two front windows seem to be working fine but my back two, ehh not so much.
My passenger side rear window can be operated down by it's own swith but not up..When I try to control this window from my master switch I can roll it up or down..
Now, my driver side rear window is the same in the fact that it can only be operated down by it's own switch.. But when I try to operate this window from my master switch i can only operate it up. I can't figure out if it's some kind of short or if I should just replace the switch..:confused2:

any help

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, thats what I was thinking.. I'm thinking it's just the master switch. :rolleyes:
thanks for the input!

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just by luck of chance, all of my lights went out on the master switch, then after re-installing from fixing my mirror switch, two of them came back on and the front passenger side came back on. They could be tied. The contacts on the overide switch could be shot if you use it a lot (I do to keep the nippers from rolling the windows up and down) or the switch itself could be shot, check the plugs, it should pop out with a screwdriver or other flat piece such as a trim remover for the interior.

Aaron

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Aaron,
you got me thinking it could very well have something to do with the overide contacts. I just bought the truck about a month and a half ago so i'm not sure how often the override was used. But it's just weird that it will let the back two windows roll down by their own switches but not up. I'll probably take it apart again today.:cuss:
O and on my truck (03 Yuke), you have to take the door panel completely off cause it has one screw that holds the front of the switch in place.. The back snaps up but not the front.(DON'T try prying the whole switch out on the 03-06 body styles, you'll break it)

Last edited:

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know, on my '00, it just pops right out. If I do a light replacement, I'll do a write up, not for a while though, on nights here at the ol' lockup.

Great about these forums, vast knowledge by those who want our rides to keep on going.

Aaron

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I didn't want anybody yanking on it like my neighboor was,:nonod: trying to help me out.. lol I didn't get a chance to check it out yesterday cause I was changing the oil but I'm sure I'll get around to f-n with it this weekend. I'm hoping it has something to do with that override! we'll see.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno, I took the switch completely apart again.. I checked it all out and nothing looks any different or out of uniform. I'm not sure what else it could be but just the switch itself.. So I'll probably order one and hope it fixes my problem.