ecm fuse keeps on blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suspensefilms

Reaction score
Hi all i have 2002 chevy tahoe,
last night i was sitting in car still and the car shut down,guages of fuel and oil went down too,
so i once had a problem like that with other tahoe and mechanic replaced ecm fuse 20 amp in fuse box and viola car ran,now i did the same,it blew 20 amp 2 times and 25 amps once,
what do u think is the problem,is it a fuel problem,is it the pump or it harness,ah i forgot the new fuses that i put allowed gas guage to work,when i tried to start no way,and it blew third fuse blew when i opened switch for one minute and didnt try to turn on car,plz guys give me all possible scenarios,i am on a small budget and i love ma car.thanks all

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a dumb question -- did you recently make any changes or install any mods or anything? Mr. JKmotorsports is definitely the man to talk to about this!!!

suspensefilms

Reaction score
is it wiring harness to pump or pump

i didnt do any electrical work rescently,or ever,i read it needs wiring harness to pump,is there such thing alone or it needs an electrician to seperate wires,or should i just replace pump,
thanks

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
What number/location fuse exactly? This will help determine which circuit(s) exactly are being overloaded or shorted, and I can start from there and see what I can come up with for you.

suspensefilms

Reaction score
the fuse is ecm fuse 20 amp middle of the box,and is there an independant part as a wiring harness kit to pump if its needed,plz