How-to-wire amp&subs with Bose system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey My 03 Yukon has the Blows system and the center console w/some lil girl sub underneath it. I've gotta get some bump in the truck asap cuz this bose stuff just don't cut it:nono: ... or even come near to cutin it!
So if someone has some info on installing a sub and amp in it let me know.TIA...I've installed systems myself in plenty of previous car and trucks with no problems, but I've heard that the bose system is a bit more complicated/tricky. Pictures would be awesome.. but any help is appreciated!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
This thread is going to describe the steps necessary to add RCA preouts for an aftermarket sub amp from the factory Bose system with factory stereo in 03-06 model trucks.

1. Remove the center console cup holder by pulling straight up. This piece is snapped into the rest of the console.

2. Below the cupholders in the center console, you will see a harness with a plug. In this harness will be the wires you will need to splice into for a line converter to your sub amp.

3. Locate the following wires (factory dual coil sub):
Lt. green/blk-------Left (-)
Dk blue/wht--------Left (+)
Dk green ----------Right (+)
Lt blue/blk---------Right (-)

4. Splice the appropriate wires from the line out converter to these wires.

5. Plug in the RCA cables, route them to your aftermarket amp, and replace cupholder.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! JK

Man I thought it was gonna be something a little more difficult.. But it actuallly sounds easier than any others, just because I don't need to get behind the dash!! Now I'm on the prowl for a system.. Where should I wire up my remote wire? any easy suggestions or should I just go with the fuse panel?

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a line out converter at any local Wal-Mart for under $20. not the best in the world but....it will do.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OH yeah, I didn't think about the dvd system having a remote wire! I like that I don't need to get behind the dash besides to pull the power wire through the firewall! This should be a super easy install! thanks for all the help

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and getting the power wire through the firewall is really easy. There's a perfect hole on the drivers side below the steering wheel, and I think some other wires go through there anyway. It's good because it's the same side as the battery is on. It's tough for me to remember where because I did my install a year ago, but you'll know it when you see it.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for all the input..
I'm probably gonna run my rca's up the passenger side of my truck and wire the power down the drivers side. The only thing I'm concerned about is the fact that all the dvd wires are ran up the drivers side and I'm wondering if the big gauge power will interfere at all with my video system.

smetz

Reaction score
pics of sub?

Does anyone have a pic of the factory sub?

Scott

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for all the input..
I'm probably gonna run my rca's up the passenger side of my truck and wire the power down the drivers side. The only thing I'm concerned about is the fact that all the dvd wires are ran up the drivers side and I'm wondering if the big gauge power will interfere at all with my video system.

I can't give an answer for that because I don't know where my DVD wires are ran. I just have an aftermarket system with the head unit in the center console and the monitor in the cieling.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh.. ya i have two in the head rest and the wires to the dvd(which is on the driver side) are ran up the driver side...??

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can run 4ohm aftermarket speakers with the bose system? I don't have the $4k I eventually want to dump into my stereo but I know it is gonna be all bass once I get my ported L7 wired up next week.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nevermind I guess the stock bose speakers are 2ohm so buying similar impedance speakers will sound quite a bit better with stock amps and changer. I'm buying the speakers tomorrow and I'll see how it sounds.

03HoeFoSho

Reaction score
are the wires you are talking about in this tread to the factory sub? i was told by a local stereo shop that it was best to hook the line out converter to the factory sub wires. i just bought 2 10" JL's and a memphis amp and i need to hook it to the factory stereo on my 03 tahoe!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
are the wires you are talking about in this tread to the factory sub? i was told by a local stereo shop that it was best to hook the line out converter to the factory sub wires. i just bought 2 10" JL's and a memphis amp and i need to hook it to the factory stereo on my 03 tahoe!

The wires I listed at the beginning of the thread go straight to the factory sub from the amp. This is where you'll want to hook up the LOC.

03HoeFoSho

Reaction score
cool thanks, do you know where the fatory amp is mounted? when i pulled the cup holder out there was a big black plastic cover over the top of everything under the center console. there was a big harness that i could see, is that all i need to be looking for?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
cool thanks, do you know where the fatory amp is mounted? when i pulled the cup holder out there was a big black plastic cover over the top of everything under the center console. there was a big harness that i could see, is that all i need to be looking for?

The wires you need will be in that harness, so that's all you'll need to locate for the LOC.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the crossover point on that subwoofer cuz it might affect output of those JL's? Does it play down into the 40 hz range? I'm asking for him ( I hate stock).

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the crossover point on that subwoofer cuz it might affect output of those JL's? Does it play down into the 40 hz range? I'm asking for him ( I hate stock).

I know headphones wont play below 50hz I'm wondering if they set up stock subwoofers in the same way. Not necessarily 50hz but....

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I don't know the exact cutoff, but judging by the way it sounds, it should pass everything from at least around 80Hz and down, probably with a 12db/oct slope I'd guess.