Where can I get instrument cluster lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lights in the instrument cluster and heater control are weird. They have a flat wide plastic base. Anyone know where I can get some? My instrument panel and heater controls would be great if I could see the at night.

Hardwarz

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my local parts store carries them in stock, that is where I get them. I know that doesn't help but maybe it does

Went to Autozone, they told me dealer item only. What store did you go to?

Hardwarz

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is called gb500 in Bronx,NY if you want and can't find them I will look into getting them and shipping them to you. good luck hunting. I changed them on a friends 97 surburban about a year ago (I assume they are the same bulbs). Let me know

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try going Here to find the number of lights, then try Ebay they carry every type of light for cars and trucks there. Good Luck! :Chevy:

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so does a regular #74 bulb go into the twist lock base? I coudln't remove the light from the base (Didn't try that hard because I didn't want a broken bulb in my fingers)

Hardwarz

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so does a regular #74 bulb go into the twist lock base? I coudln't remove the light from the base (Didn't try that hard because I didn't want a broken bulb in my fingers)

Hardwarz

You have to use a little muscle to get it out, and I'm pretty sure the 74 will fit, but don't take my word on it. :Chevy:

Silver87

Reaction score
On a sidenote, does anyone know what bulbs go in the stock radio? Mine are starting to go out.

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been gone for alittle, hardware did you get the bulb problem fixed?
And I have no clue about the radio

Yes, after visiting a couple of the websites posted, I found out that the #74 bulb fits and that the bottom part was a plastic twist lock base that says "TOSHIBA V-2"

The guy at AutoZone said that the #74 wouldn't work and that the bulb is a V-2 bulb and is a special dealer item only. I took his word for it. Now, I know better.

Hardwarz

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bulbs on the heater control pop out of the plastic holder and you can pop in the new one.

the bulbs in the dash are almost the same but its a lil harder to pop the bulb out.

i just bought new lights for my dash and heater control and i am replacing them with LED's and i am waiting for them to come in.

Aaron

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about doing the LED, but realized the lights dim, therefore, I didn't do it. I don't think that LEDs dim. I believe they're either on or off.

Hardwarz

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have one led installed while i am waiting for the rest to show. it does not dim as much as it did but it does still dim. the one bulb that i have installed looks really good. much better than all the factory lights.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have one led installed while i am waiting for the rest to show. it does not dim as much as it did but it does still dim. the one bulb that i have installed looks really good. much better than all the factory lights.

Post pics!! I've thought about switching mine out, but I don't know if it' worth it. :Chevy:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd like to see a pic of it as well, i was thinking of switching over the turn signals and break lights.

anyone have trouble swapping the break lights for LED's?

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd like to see a pic of it as well, i was thinking of switching over the turn signals and break lights.

anyone have trouble swapping the break lights for LED's?

The only problem I came across was that I got only "single tone" LEDS, which meant that when I pressed down on the brake peddle they didn't get any brighter. When I pressed the brakes to test em they fried the fuse. So I just swapped out the lights that only stay on and don't light up, I think they are the top lights out of the three. So make sure you get ones that have two tones if you want to replace tails that brighten (middle of three), if not just get some to replace the top single tone ones. :Chevy:

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes LED lights do dim. i checked with my friends 87 supra and he has led lights installed and they all dim like normal bulbs.

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was really easy to replace the bulbs. just pull the trim peace and then 4 screws for the gage cluster and it poped right now. the you just pup out the plastic bulb holder and then pop out the bulb and put in the new one. real easy. there is a serten way the the bulbs go in so if the new one does not work right away turn the bulb around and see if it works that way. then you just put it all back together. it looks great and was really easy to install.