What tools to you carry with your Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a pack rat. I have crazy amounts of tools that I keep in my tahoe.

I need to clean out my vehicle and need to know what I should carry in my tahoe (especially now that winter is coming.)

As of now, I carry a whole bunch of cr*p, including:
Breaker bar, extender and socket
Torque wrench
Jump Pack
Flood light
fix a flat
carb cleaner
tow straps
ratcheting straps
bungie cords
(I guess i can get rid of the broken computer.)
wheel chocks
Socket Set
Wrench set
various plyers and cutters
various screw drivers and nut drivers
etc.

I'm pretty much prepaired for almost any problem the Tahoe would run into. Do you guys carry a lot of tools in your Tahoe?

Hardwarz

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a vehicle help kit includes socket set with breaker bar, screwdrivers, wrenches, tire air compressor for cigarette plug, reflectors, light. Then I got a seperate jumper pack, that is all in the back of mine

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have onstar:smilielol:

no i only carry what ever tools the jack gives me, but i keep both low and high bulbs drl, and parking lights bulbs., i also have a battery jumper with a flash light built in and an air compressor. i have some recovery chains (never had to use them except to recover an explorer), and a interchangable trailer hitch with 1 1/2 1 7/8/ and 2" balls. :Yawn:

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I carry a spare serpentine belt, spare headlight bulbs and tail light bulbs, and a tow strap. I also carry the tools I would need to replace these items - socket set, pliers, crescent wrench, and 2 screwdrivers. Oh, and jumper cables.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Only thing I have are jumper cables, my wheel lock key, flashlight, and Gerber fold out multi-tool (knife, pliers, screwdriver, etc.). I usually keep my Tahoe as empty and clean as possible. I don't even have a jack because my spare won't fit with my brake kit.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a small assortment of tools, pliers, screw drivers, wrenches, etc. also an assortment of crimp on wire connectors, with cutter/crimper, electrical tape, mag light, tow strap, soon to add extra headlight/brake light bulbs, jumper cables, and a few other tahoe specific tools that i didn't need on the previous ride the tool bag came out of.

having to swap the factory jack and accessories and spare tire for a HiLift jack, and full size spare. Since the factory jack won't even touch the frame now.