1994 K5 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labeled

Reaction score
I have just moved to Arizona and the door sticker on my Tahoe has faded beyond recognition.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any other places that I could find the VIN stamped on the vehicle so that I can get my truck registered in the state.

Thanks

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to see the VIN from the outside of the vehicle on the driver's side of the dash, near the base of the windshield. It should also be on your title and your registration. On older vehicles, if it isn't on the dash you should be able to find it on the firewall somewhere.

Attachments

• VIN number.JPG
    VIN number.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Labeled

Reaction score
Yea, the VIN is on the dash and the title. Unfortunately, I need to find another place other than the dash that the VIN is stamped or located.

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some how I feel fishy answering this question but I will anyway.

Some of the common places are:

On the door frame/door post of the front doors (usually driver's but sometimes passenger's)
On the dash near the windshield
On the engine itself (machined pad on front of engine)
On the car's firewall
In the left-hand inner wheel arch
On the steering wheel/steering column
On the radiator support bracket

Now sometimes in the 90's (Not sure when) have it all over the place, they basiclly placed them everywhere so stolen parts could be found like:
On the windows
Inside the seat
Inside the door panels
etc etc etc

Labeled

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. Hopefully I can find something so I can register my truck.