2003 Tahoe Front heated seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeWebby

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. I'm Michael from NC. I have a 2003 Tahoe. Yesterday morning I noticed the seats weren't getting warm. I depressed the button on the door panel and the light stayed lit for about 20 seconds then went out. The more I depressed the button the shorter the time the light stayed lit. Anyone come across this problem before? If so, a possible fix?

Thanks,
Michael

jasper10101010

Reaction score
same problem...

I have the same exact problem on my 03 yukon, only on the driver side. Ii comes on then shuts right off....like it is shorted out. I've found that a click comes from beneath the seat near the wiring harness. I am thinking it is a bad part(switch/solenoid?). Passenger side works great...

good luck...i'll be watching the board in hopes of a solution!

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, not having one I would take a guess that the heating element is shot, may have to get a multi meter and check the coils, voltage to seat, broken wires/shorted wires as the seat moves back and forth and go from there. Not sure if they are replaceable.

Aaron

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found maybe some help on GM Trucks:

quote: Yukon04 GM Trucks member

You have a system that is self contained in the seat, meaning that there are individual heat modules in each seat. I suspect that your warranty is up and you will attempt the repairs yourself. You want to first start with the heat pads to determine if the pads are good.

Under the cushion there will be a pigtail with a small connector (I think it is green, it's been awhile since I worked on these). Un-connect from the seat harness and check the resistance across the yellow wires. It should read around 4ohms. Try to find the seat back pigtail as well, it should drop down near the rear of the seat near the recliner mechanism. This should be around 4ohms also.

If the pads read OK, then check the switch. if the switch is functioning OK, then the heat module is bad. You will have to replace the cushion heat pad. The module is contained within the cushion heat pad pigtail. It is a rectangular plastic housing taped into the pigtail (approx 2" x 1") . Good luck and let me know.

may help??