Tahoe Storage Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigR

Reaction score
I am new to the Tahoe Forum so thanks in advance for you assistance.

I have a '02 Envoy and I am looking at a '07 Tahoe LTZ. In reviewing the Tahoe/Yukon I expected them to have similar cargo storage areas that I have in my Envoy. It would be nice to have a storage compartment to store the trailer hitch receiver and electrical connectors. The Envoy also has an option to have a connection for the air compressor which the Tahoe/Yukon does not have.

The 3rd row seats are worthless to me but I like the vehicle otherwise. Has anyone else noticed this and how have you overcome this? Will this be an added option for the '08 models?

Thanks.

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
storage

Storage is my only gripe with what is otherwise a great vehicle so far. It's almost criminal that in a vehicle that big, the largest enclosed storage area is the center console. The storage bin on the driver's side of the cargo area will hold your wallet but not much more.

I traded up from an '04 Trailblazer and loved the storage in the floor of the cargo area to hold exactly what you mention - - towing accessories. I removed the 3rd row seats since I have no real need for them, and ordered a storage bag from Griot's Garage to carry that stuff in. I also have a small plastic crate that I use to hold my detailing/cleaning supplies. Not an ideal solution but not much other choice.

All in all a great vehicle but the lack of storage is a head scratcher.