Heated Seats???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02cadiHOE

Reaction score
ok i got my 02 tahoe and it has heated seats.. now im going to put in a remote starter for the winter but i want to trigger my seats on when i remote start it... does anyone know how to do this?? or even where the heated seat module is located so i can mess around and see if i can figure it out.. thanks

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The trigger wire from the driver side heater switch is light blue. The passenger switch is light blue/black. Use an output trigger from the alarm that is pulsed instead of constant. And if I remember correctly, the trigger wire is +12vdc, so you'll have to use relays to convert the negative output from the alarm to a positive pulse to the factory signal wires. I installed mine so I that both seats come on when I press one of the aux channels on my remote. It works just like the switch. In other words, if the aux channel is pressed once, the heater turns on high. If I press it a second time, the seat heater goes to low. And then a 3rd time it turns off, etc.
Make sure you test the wires I provided to make sure they are indeed correct and it is a positive signal (been a while since I installed mine).
Which RS system are you using?

02cadiHOE

Reaction score
i found that blue wire at the heated seat switch in the drivers door and it read like 8v on high and 6v on low and obviouslly no voltage when it was off. so i tried just using a jumper wire to 12v and pulsing the blue wire but it didnt turn on ... thats when i was confused.. maybe ill give it another try. the rs system im putting in is just a cheap one from my work VALET561R i already have a PYTHON700 2way alarm system so im going to just use an aux channel to activate the rs. and like you said i would like to use another aux ch for the seats but no luck so far

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Meter the actual contact point on the circuit board where the switch makes contact. You're going to have to solder the wire to this point on the pcb for it to work.

02cadiHOE

Reaction score
oooooooooooo!!! i didnt think it was that involvled.. your the ****in man!!!

02cadiHOE

Reaction score
:thumbsup: GOT IT!!! i was a little nervous soldering on the circuit board i never really did that before.... but it works better than i ever imagined. thanks JKmotorsports, you made my dream come true!!!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Awesome man. Glad I could help. I forgot to mention to use a fine soldering tip and not to hold the iron too long on the board or you'll burn or lift a trace, but sounds like you did a good job if everything's working well:thumbsup:

normanviking

Reaction score
Before I take my door apart, I was wondering if you knew if a 2004 Yukon has the same colored wires? Mine has three esettings and an off position. Glad I stumbled onto this site. I have been reading lots of great advice.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Before I take my door apart, I was wondering if you knew if a 2004 Yukon has the same colored wires? Mine has three esettings and an off position. Glad I stumbled onto this site. I have been reading lots of great advice.

The 03 up colors are different if I remember correctly. You might be able to grab the wires right at the BCM. If not, then you'll have to solder to the pcb on the switch itself. I'll check into it for you sometime later today.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You'll have to go to the switch and solder to the pcb because of the different voltages of the databus signal. No one that I know of makes an interface to integrate to the heated seats via the databus.

elkfeva

Reaction score
02 yukon XL loaded.

16 months after i bought it the heated seats stopped heating... but the memory seat postions function still works. Im prety sure at that time another problem started... the warm/cold dial on the dash doesnt work right.... its either all the way to the right.... and it blows nice and HOT...... or anywere to the left (counterclockwise) is blows fresh outsided temp... NOT AC. ....

also when you push the button for the heated seats the indication light on the door does light.... both started not working at same time.... so i dont think its the element in the seats.
question is .. ..could both of these be tied together? maybe bad ECU?

already checked wire condition, and fuses... all good... my wife took it to a local shop a while back and they looked over it and couldnt figure it out.....they did say it could be the ecu but had no way to test it.... anyone know what step i should take next? I have mutli tester..... is there a good online tech manual for this vehicle?
any info is appreciated

thanks!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
02 yukon XL loaded.

16 months after i bought it the heated seats stopped heating... but the memory seat postions function still works. Im prety sure at that time another problem started... the warm/cold dial on the dash doesnt work right.... its either all the way to the right.... and it blows nice and HOT...... or anywere to the left (counterclockwise) is blows fresh outsided temp... NOT AC. ....

also when you push the button for the heated seats the indication light on the door does light.... both started not working at same time.... so i dont think its the element in the seats.
question is .. ..could both of these be tied together? maybe bad ECU?

already checked wire condition, and fuses... all good... my wife took it to a local shop a while back and they looked over it and couldnt figure it out.....they did say it could be the ecu but had no way to test it.... anyone know what step i should take next? I have mutli tester..... is there a good online tech manual for this vehicle?
any info is appreciated

thanks!

There should be a seat heater control module under the seat. You can check power there. I don't have the colors off hand, but the module sends power to the switch in the door. Then from there, the signal is sent back to the heated seat control module and then the heating element. I'll see if I can find some wire colors and circuit ID for you later on.

Hurricanesfan

Reaction score
I have an 02 yukon denali. The front passenger seat heater has stopped working. The light comes on the door button on both high and low but no heat. The driver and rear passenger seats work fine. It looks like in the owners manual that there is only one fuse for all seats. I cringe at what it might cost if I take it to the dealership and was wondering if there is something maybe disconnected under the seat or something else I can check. Any suggestions?