A/C sealant problems in 99 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redwood

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had an A/C shop or mechanic tell them that if you have put in a can of refridgerant from the local auto parts store that they can't / won't work on your car because there is a leak sealant in those cans that is bad for their evacution machine? This happened to me last week. Now my Tahoe a/c is out due to a leak I believe, and I SOL to find a way to fix it. Signed, feelin dumb.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Never heard of anything like that. And if that's the case, then why don't all mechanics ask this when you have your a/c serviced?

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just adding my two cents, but if you mixed the two refrigerants in your system by some act of god and they only have a r134 machine, I have heard of shops turning away customers to save the machine. But if they didn't test the refrig straight out of your system (which takes 5 minutes) to see what it is and how conteminated it is they were just giving you a line of bull****.

Redwood

Reaction score
refrigerant blues

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds sort of strange, but there must be something to it. I called another shop. This guy even said somethng along the lines of sealants in the system. I did not bring it up at all. Oh well, thanks again.