97 Tahoe..Rear speakers.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed a pyle dvd player into my tahoe. Works fine, and Im just about positive I did everything right. My only issue is my rear door speakers (i have a 4 door) dont work. They worked fine b4 the dvd player install but why not now? Anyone with info please post. :mad2:

Jason_Ridgeway

Reaction score
Had the same problem with my 99!They have a built in amp that runs the rear door speakers,You have to hook the amps turn on wire from your radio harnis to your blue power antenna wire on your radio!Hope this helps P.S.This should be fairly easy to find if you bought the harnis adapter that adapts your harnis to your aftermarket dvd player

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem with my 99!They have a built in amp that runs the rear door speakers,You have to hook the amps turn on wire from your radio harnis to your blue power antenna wire on your radio!Hope this helps P.S.This should be fairly easy to find if you bought the harnis adapter that adapts your harnis to your aftermarket dvd player

hummm.... thought I had that wire hooked up... guess I don't. I'll have to look for that too.

Any idea where the amp is? I'd like to replace it with an aftermarket amp.

Hardwarz

Jason_Ridgeway

Reaction score
If you bought the adapter instead of cuting the wires,It will be the one labeled power antenna (blue) ,our trucks dont have a power antenna,this wire was meant to turn on the factory amp,hook that wire to your dvd wire labeled power amp turn on or,power antenna.

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I fixed it this morning before going to work. Sounds 100% better.

I'm going to end up connecting that wire to my "Mute" switch that runs to all my amps. Now got to figure out how to run new wires to all my speakers.

Hardwarz

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that little amp is under the driver seat.i unhooked mine not using the rear door speakers.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 2 door only has a weak amp in the head unit (cd player). =(

maybe i'll hit the lottery and have the money to replace the stock speakers and buy an amp that will give them sufficient rms power. maybe not tho...

anyone know how many rms watts x 4 channels the stock delco head unit amplifier has in it? just curious

Duster

Reaction score
Have been searching for solution for this problem, the answers above were one step closer than the others. However i could not find any sign of an amp in my 99 Yukon, and blue wire doesnt do anything, though i cut my wires when installed stereo (listened to someone else). Sucks, i went through every wire in the dash, ripped apart everything and no result. I suspect that my amplifier was built in the stock stereo, would that be possible?
Going to look at the stock stereo and Chilton's manual wirind diagram tonight, hopefully that will shine some light.

Jason_Ridgeway

Reaction score
I'll be taking my dash out to istall my 120 mph gauge cluster,will try to remember to look and see what color the wire is on the factory harness!

crazycd1

Reaction score
In my Tahoe the amp is mounted to the steering column just to the right, I have not figured out all the colors yet, have not ripped into it just yet.