3rd Row Seat Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KYMOJO

Reaction score
I recently bought 3rd row seats for my 02 Tahoe. My tahoe didnt have the 3rd row option. My next question is how do I install these? I know that I need to buy some brackets or such so that I can use the 3rd row seats but I dont know where to start. Thanks

CJR2

Reaction score
There are brackets recessed into the floor. I don't if you can retrofit. I'd stop by your local Chevy dealer and get their advice.

onebadtahoe

Reaction score
please let me know how it went cause i want to do the same thing to my 03' tahoe
thanks and aloha.

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked on mine, sure enough, the holes are there.

Stamped sheet metal on most of these models are the same exact part... in other words, they're always going to have the bolt pattern for the 3rd row seat in the floor.

CJR2

Reaction score
I checked on mine, sure enough, the holes are there.

Stamped sheet metal on most of these models are the same exact part... in other words, they're always going to have the bolt pattern for the 3rd row seat in the floor.

Great to hear it! I am sure others will find this interesting:thumbsup:

Chuckles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get them here http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

BOLT
$2.52
$2.52
$0.00

STRIKER
$7.71
$30.84
$0.00

STRIKER
$15.11
$30.22
$0.00

STRIKER
$16.88
$16.88
$0.00

SUBTOTAL:
$80.46

PROCESSING & HANDLING TOTAL:
$24.93

TAXES:
$0.00

ORDER TOTAL:
$ 105.39

I opted to purchase only 1 bolt and get the other 13 from a hardware store to keep the cost down.

KYMOJO

Reaction score
It Was Easy

I talked to the guys in the Chevy body shop and they told me it was a fairly easy install. He showed me another Tahoe with the seats in them so that I could get an idea. He told me to get the bolts at the auto parts store instead of through the dealer because of costs. The dealership told me that the bolts were metric but it wasn't the case. While I had the carpet up I went down to the parts store and tried a few different bolts til I found the right size. They were standard instead of metric and I forgot what size for sure. They cost me $5 bucks for all of them. I got my brackets through the junk yard and they were $30. The dealer wanted $150 for the brackets and $130 for the bolts. INSANE!!!

I lifted the carpet up and found out that my Tahoe was pre-drilled for the brackets. I had to pop the rubber seals of to attach the brackets. Once I had the brackets attached then it was simply a matter of cutting the carpet for the brackets to come through.

I was really proud of how it turned out... and I'm a girl!!! The seat looks great. I have one problem with my 3rd row seat. The seatbelt wont release so that someone can pull it down and latch it. It's like the roller is jammed or something. But as soon as I figure out how to fix that... it will be great!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it turns out well for ya!!!

Frenchoe

Reaction score
can you post pictures of the trunk showing the position of the brackets ? i'm going to do the same on mine...thks!

KYMOJO

Reaction score
I didnt take pictures.

I should've taken the pictures as I went but I didn't. BUT... I will tellyou that I didn't have any pictures to go buy. The best thing for you to do is to take of the moulding that holds the carpet down then pull the carpet back. You will see where the places are for the brackets to connect. Do you have your brackets? Also... the Chevy parts depsrtment should be able to print off a diagram for you if you need. I was lucky in that a guy in the body shop showed me what I needed and happened to have another Tahoe in his shop that I could look at once brackets are installed. If you have any questions let me know and I will see if I can help. I'm sure you will do it just fine. It went relatively smoothe for me.

Good Luck!!!