HID questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is th relay/harness that came with my kit but they didnt send intructions can anyone help? sorry the pics suck (CP) but it looks as if i only have to mount the to grounds but im not sure where or even if they are both grounds HELP!!

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 42
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 41
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 40

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
From the pics it looks like it is basically a plug n play kit, minus the attachment of the ground. So it looks like all you have to do is plug everything in and just ground the eyelet. Use an existing ground bolt if there is one nearby.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are they both grounds? where are these existing ground bolts?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I can't see in the pics, but if they are both ring terminals, then they should both go to ground. As for grounding, just look for a small bolt somewhere in the area where the relay will be. If you don't see one, you can just use a self tapping sheetmetal screw and screw into metal somewhere. Scrape away the paint where the ring terminal will mount then screw it in place. Then you can either dab on some clear silicone or paint to keep the metal from rusting.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you attach one to the battery because of the relay? it said it would draw power directly from the battery makes it last longer or something

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I can't say for sure how your particular kit is wired. I would have to know what wire goes to which terminals on the realy in order to know for sure.