Problems with 97 hoe's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoeguy

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a 97Tahoe and was wondering if there is anything inparticular to look for in the line of faults or other things(rust spots). Just trying to get the jump on this before I have a problem.

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is a VORTEC, I understand the intake manifold gasket leaks.. that is quite common. Mine leaks, yet as the engine warms up it stops leaking coolant (outside the engine, not an internal leak).

KJLegend

Reaction score
The intake manifold gasket leaks? or the Head gaskets? The intake manifold should be no big deal to fix I would assume...

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 152,000+ on my 97 four door, and I have no rust spots or intake gasket leaks, however the transmission is on its way out, than again 152,000 miles with no rebuild that is to be expected! Otherwise no problems, I would definately get it if I were you, you'll love it!! :Chevy:

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
153500 here (Yukon 4dr SLT).. little leak, new transmission (not rebuilt, guy I bought it from had it done), new transmission cooler/lines/etc. Other than that, no rust nothing to speak of.. had it going on a year, replaced all 4 shocks, and installed airbags.. debadged and demoulded the thing... stereo install... guess that's enough for a tow vehicle/beater until I pick up a new daily driver.