Driver's Side door completely dead.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

othreetantahoe

Reaction score
The driver's side door went completely dead on my wife the other day in our 03 Tahoe LT.
None of the controls work. (mirrors, htd seats, pedals, window, locks)
It won't even lock with the fob.
All the other doors function properly.
It doesn't even trip the dome light when you open the door and when you shut the vehicle down the radio turns off automatically instead of staying on till you open a door.

I can live with everything for now except the fact that the adjustable pedals are stuck at my wife's position which is absurdly uncomfortable for me.

Does anyone know a manual override to move the pedals till I can get the door fixed?

Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks in advance!!

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like a fuse. There should be a couple under your hood that might be blown.. If I had the time right now I'd tell you which one it would be. I think it's one of the sqaure head type. See if you can see one blown.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... I took out my LBEC 1 fuse to see what stuff it disabled and I think it only disabled the power windows on the left side, I still had my pedals and mirrors. Could be a combination of things.. maybe someone will chime in

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You may have to take it to the dealer and see if they can reprogram the driver door module. The DDM controls pretty much everything you described.

othreetantahoe

Reaction score
Well, finally took it to the dealer and they say the DDM is shorted out and needs replaced. :clapping:
$350-$400 parts and labor.
Anyone have a spare DDM lying around?

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, finally took it to the dealer and they say the DDM is shorted out and needs replaced. :clapping:
$350-$400 parts and labor.
Anyone have a spare DDM lying around?

400? ouch.. $$$$$
I wish i did.. you should try gmpartsdirect or ebay to see if it's cheaper

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Try checking out some salvage yards. Should be able to find it alot cheaper that way for a good one.