Keyless remote lock/unlock feedback problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwinters

Reaction score
I have an '04 Tahoe that has recently begun some weird behavior: The horn honks when locking/unlocking remotely, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE THAT DISABLED in the DIC).

Lately, it seems that it is adding more horn honks as time goes on. I think it's up to 4 or 5 honks now when I use the remote to lock or unlock the doors. Anybody heard of that? Is there a way to clear the whole DIC and start it over? I thought maybe disconnecting the battery for an hour or so might help. I haven't tried that yet. Any thoughts? Thanks!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
If disconnecting the battery for a little while does not help, then you might have to take it to a dealer and see if they can reprogram the RKE module with their scan tool.

gwinters

Reaction score
Thanks - it looks like that'll be the way to go. I've disconnected the battery a number of times and can't get it to clear. Off to the dealership... [sigh]

Thanks again...