Pics of my other one and only.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoeman21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the pic is attached..... i am planning to add a sound system.... im still debating if i should get a pioneer or an alpine as the stereo????hmmmm.....

Attachments

• My Tahoe aka My Love.JPG
    My Tahoe aka My Love.JPG
    294.2 KB · Views: 10

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Depends on which model deck you choose and options. If you plan on expanding the system and adding amps later, Pioneer has 4V preouts, some models with 6.5V. This sends more voltage to the amp inputs, resulting in cleaner sound and less background hiss.
As for adjustabiltiy in sound and eq settings (x-overs, Q , slope, etc.) you really have to step up in model and price with the Alpine to get the same adjustments as Pioneer offers on most of their HUs.
Both are great units. Personally I prefer Pioneer over Alpine and have Pioneer in all three of my vehicles. But the best thing to do is to probably head out to your local stereo shops and play around with their display units and see which one you like better.

tahoeman21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey wassup..... i went with a pioneer 6900-ib. why? I liked the adjustability of the sound presets and the features, overall the sound. Best buy was also having a clearance sale on this model so i got it pretty cheap. Although after i installed my new stereo, my rear door speaker do not work anymore!!!! i checked the wiring and everything seems fine.... I will find out whats goin on with that. I hope ill have this stereo for a long time..... Thanks guys for your opinions! :)

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've always ran Pioneer in my vehicles. i can't remember the model but i went with one of there "premium" headunits. XM and Ipod ready, loads of adjustments, my system sounds great on it.

nice Tahoe BTW

red95tahoe

Reaction score
id go wit a pioneer personally i have an eclipse headunit and i love it and all the controls it got

95ukawn

Reaction score
i just bought the pioneer 6900ub it has usb port on it and i love it!! which ever brand you choose is fine theyre both good but i recomend getting one with a usb port on it. i know alpine has some models with the usb/ipod feature.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a Clarion fan :) but if I had to pick one I'd go with the Alpine...

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alpines good... but then pioneers good too.. lol.. yea do what ^ he said.. go to your local auto sound place.. they usually help out alot.. never get anything installed at best buy.. they suck.. lol