Help I Screwed Up My Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silver87

Reaction score
I did a brake job yesterday and everything went OK except that I forgot to check the brake resevoir cap before breaking in the new pads. When I came back home, I noticed the pedal was getting spongier as I pulled in. I popped the hood and found the resevoir cap sitting in the spare battery tray and the entire engine bay covered in brake fluid. :crazy:
The large resevoir was completely empty, the smaller one at the front was still full. I quickly filled it back up and put the cap back on and washed down the engine bay with degreaser and water. The pedal is still spongy due to air in the lines. I was going to bleed the brakes but don't know anything about how to get the air out of the ABS unit. Anyone know how to do this?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You can bleed ABS systems the same as non ABS systems.
Some ABS circuits need a scan tool to cycle the ABS valves/motor if you are replacing all the old fluid with fresh fluid. But if you you are simply bleeding the system due to air, you can bleed as normal.