Need Help Fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm stationed in lil rock, ar but my home is in ba
here's what caused the problem i was installing my radio into the wiring harness and i believe a wire touched something? either way it was burning and it smelled like burnt.

the problem.
radio and a/c dont work and in my gauge cluster my speedometer and my rpm gauge doesn't work. my fuel, oil press, am meter, and temp do work.. now i checked the regular fuses and they are all good

i can't really troubleshoot too well b/c i'm out of a multimeter.. broke two weeks ago so i have to buy one either today after work or tomorrow.. any one ever had something like this happen and what you did to fix it

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks man. It's a little late now, but it's usually a good idea to remove the negative battery terminal when working on wiring. It's too easy to do something like you did.

you don't necessarily need a multi-meter to trouble-shoot this, but it would make it easier. It looks like you'll have to tear into the wiring diagrams and figure out which circuits all of those components share. There may be a fusible link common to those things, if you're lucky.

zerominded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the best thing to do is to check your grounds after you check all fuses. i had a problem like this once in a vehicle. it was the "bat acc" fuse. but if your stumped, start pulling all fuses and checking if they're broke. if not, check your ground on your radio, as it might be part of the problem.

or, you can just pray that it'll fix itself, which is what i do a lot