99 Tahoe LT 80,000 miles Black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJLegend

Reaction score
I am in the market for a Tahoe, I've found one locally for sale asking only 5,500 obo with the above description. With this low of mileage I would think I'd be crazy not to buy it! What do you guys think as I am a newbie to this site but have a lot of general knowledge of cars.

The guy said it may need some things fixed here and there but from online pictures looks to be in solid condition. He mainly talked about the paint needs to be buffed, and two key marks, etc...

The car is black with grey leather interior, 80k miles or so, running boards, A/C, tow package, CD etc... the usual stuff.

I am just looking for some helpful tips from you guys who know what your talking about, thanks for the input!:thumbsup:

Blue book:Excellent-10,230
Good-9,555
Fair-8,665

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a mechanic buddy on over and check it out... Seems like a low price, maybe the guys just a 'tard or something, or maybe it needs a new tranny or an engine re-build. I'd probably be a more than a little skeptical. :skep:

KJLegend

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, it sounds to me the guy is a "tard" but who knows I'm going to check it out tomorrow since he's about an hour away. Is there anything I should look for specifically in this year model and mileage vehical, anything common.
I guess he works for a small dealership and he bought it from them one year ago and needs money for school now. It sounds legit to me as he bought it from his work and has had it for a year. Plus he must have gotten a good deal on it from his work. Thats just what I'm thinking though.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like a bad deal at all, provided that nothing major is wrong with it. Just be sure to check condition of the all the fluids, especially the trans, oil, and coolant. Make sure the trans fluid doesn't smell burnt or looks like it has clutch/band material in it. Check coolant and oil to make sure it doesn't look like the two have mixed from leaking intake or head gasket. If you can, I would pull up a carfax report and see if it's had any reported major damage or repairs done.
Let us know how it goes.

KJLegend

Reaction score
Well, turned out he was a "tard" after all, pretty much everything that could be wrong with the truck was. "cracked windshield, no coolant in resevoir, shakes in steering wheel, bumpy, creeky noises everywhere, very dull paint, etc..." Basically the car was a piece of junk so I had another meeting set up for a 97 Yukon with 104,000 which I ended up driving about 20 feet and said this is the one! I am still very happy with my decision and thank you all for the help!

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suspect a bad tranny/transfer case and he knows it. 99's are nice cars and a Z71 to boot, take someone with you who is non biased (your buying it and already like it etc) and can fill you in on what he sees as well. Like others said, check fluids, look underneath for leaks and signs of leaks (if it was cleaned up).

Not wanting to burst your bubble on a good deal, but also don't want you to spend 5,500 on a pile.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Aaron

KJLegend

Reaction score
Yeah like I said before I didnt buy it as a matter of fact he sold it right after I left him I guess lol for 4,500 I feel bad for that person who bought it really. I ended up getting a 97 Yukon Green on tan leather I'll post some pics soon! Thanks again for the helpful info.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before i bought my yukon i sold a 99 suburban lt 2wd

i added hid's
tv'vcr/dvd player, all new alpine speakers, reserficed leather seats, and new tires, tranny, and brakes.

when i went to sell it, i had 130k miles on it, i got 6200 for it, so 5800 seems a little low NOT to be skeptical. :skep:

but im glad you got the one you were looking for, WE WANT PICS.

with all the things wrong with the other one, he will be lucky to get 2k out of it. enless he fixes it up a little. what a waste of a good tahoe.