Buying a 99 tahoe. Advice? $3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SourDiesel

Reaction score
Hey guys. Well I currently own a 2000 Dodge Dakota quadcab V8. The truck is fun to drive, but living in minnesota a 2WD sled isnt cutting it. If im gonna be payin 60 bucks a tank I might as well have a 4wd.

I saw this one listed locally..

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/car/474015750.html

Apparently only the center console needs to be replaced and the amp fixed for speakers which is easy.

I also like this one. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/car/472951133.html

I love the color. I dont know how many miles are on it.. Im gonna go look at it today though

kastiron

Reaction score
My 99 is Exactly like that green one. Bought it from Burnsville Volvo back around 19k miles...

173k miles and I wouldn't take 4500 for it. Depending on how many miles that one has on it, it would be my pick. Although, the white one for a grand less isn't a bad ride either.

Oh, and about that 60 bucks a tank idea? I agree, but make sure you fill it around 3/8 tank if you want to stay in the $60 range.. Let it get close to empty, and you will be nearing the C note fast!

Enjoy!

Chong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm stationed in lil rock, ar but my home is in ba
well i recently picked up a 99 (2wd) brand new crate engine with 7k miles on it for 5700.. looks good in and out
and putting in that engine along with the gasket kit and a new pulley was only 2810.00 installed and all (i have the reciept) 100k 10yr warranty :thumbsup:
so those prices dont seem that far off

kastiron

Reaction score
Great info there on the crate engine installation! I was wondering how much I might be in for one day. I had guessed much higher. Was that at a dealer by chance, or a smaller shop?

Sorry for slight thread hijack. Just curious.

SourDiesel

Reaction score
Oh, and about that 60 bucks a tank idea? I agree, but make sure you fill it around 3/8 tank if you want to stay in the $60 range.. Let it get close to empty, and you will be nearing the C note fast!

Yeah but thats 60 to fill it up.. I go about 250-280 miles on a tank. I'm sure I could go past 350 with another truck