Anyone know if this would fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
If yours is TBI it should fit. Should be enough clearance under the hood, but I don't know for a fact without meausrements from the actual product.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If yours is TBI it should fit. Should be enough clearance under the hood, but I don't know for a fact without meausrements from the actual product.

Yea, I think there is enough room under the hood, this might be a noob question but what is TBI? :Chevy:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Throttle Body Injection. Looks like a basic carburetor, but instead of floats and needles, it has a regulator and two injectors (typical GM version) on top that spray fuel into the bowls. You'll have an air cleaner assembly just like a carb setup.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throttle Body Injection. Looks like a basic carburetor, but instead of floats and needles, it has a regulator and two injectors (typical GM version) on top that spray fuel into the bowls. You'll have an air cleaner assembly just like a carb setup.

Ok, not sure if I have that or not, I know basic engine stuff, but I will check it out. Thanks! :Chevy:

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have CFI, not TBI if your Tahoe is a 97. GM started using Vortec engines in 96. If it says Vortec on your engine it's not TBI.

I don't think the intake will work for you because it has no provisions for the MAF. I may be wrong about it not working, but not about you not having TBI.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have CFI, not TBI if your Tahoe is a 97. GM started using Vortec engines in 96. If it says Vortec on your engine it's not TBI.

I don't think the intake will work for you because it has no provisions for the MAF. I may be wrong about it not working, but not about you not having TBI.

Yeah, mine is definately vortec, damn... that would have been pretty sick on there! Thanks for the info! :Chevy:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score

You're right; if it is not TBI (which you have concluded it's not) then it won't work because there's no place for the MAF sensor. Not only that, but the intake tube wouldn't be routed correctly for non TBI engines.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems to me like the maf sensor wouldn't get an accurate reading because it could only be mounted on one side. this could throw off your computer's interpretation of air flow thus making your engine not perform to its full potential. also, i installed a k&n on my s10 but it wouldn't fit under the stock hood b/c i had a throttle body spacer. so it would probably work provided it fits under the hood, but i think it would actually perform less efficiently than a single passenger side intake that is made for the specific application. that pic looks like something for a high horsepower application and would probably be overkill for your tahoe.

just my 2 cents =)

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other issue would be the heat. This is not a cai, and would just be sucking hot air from under the hood. The filters look like they would be sitting basically right in front of the exhaust manifolds. Not exactly the ideal place for intake air. It looks more like a gimmick to me to get people to buy it. I agree it would look good, but I would have to see documented gains before trying it on my engine (even if it were to fit my engine that is). The web page says "Significant Horsepower Gains and Great Looks". But it doesn't supply any data to back up the gains.

Actually, I would argue that it might actually decrease performance by slowing down the air going into the intake. The bigger the tubing, the slower the air will be moving. There is an optimal size for this, but my guess is that dual 4" tubing is too big. But what do I know, my engineering degree is in electrinics, so I may be way off base here, lol.