Just incase you wanted to buy a Toyota.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB116918523547781423.html?mod=home_whats_news_us

Toyota Recalls 533,000
Sequoia SUVs, Tundra Pickups
Associated Press
January 19, 2007 1:03 a.m.

WASHINGTON -- Toyota Motor Corp. said Thursday it was recalling 533,000 Tundra pickup trucks and Sequoia sport utility vehicles because of potential steering problems.

Toyota said the recall involved 2004-2006 Tundra trucks and 2004-2007 Sequoia full-size SUVs. The auto maker has received reports of 11 accidents and six injuries connected to the recall, said Toyota spokesman Bill Kwong.

The auto maker said there was a possibility of excessive wear to a front suspension lower ball joint that could make it difficult to steer the vehicle and stay in the center of the lane. Drivers may also notice more noise coming from the front suspension, Mr. Kwong said.

Toyota recalled about 775,000 pickups and SUVs in May 2005 -- one of its largest recalls ever -- because of similar problems with the front suspension. The recall included 2002-2004 model years of the Tundra and Sequoia.

Mr. Kwong said the company received additional complaints involving newer models of the Tundra and Sequoia, prompting them to issue the recall.

Toyota, which is challenging General Motors Corp. to become the world's largest auto maker, has aggressively touted its redesigned Tundra pickup as a strong competitor in the lucrative truck segment dominated by GM and Ford Motor Co.

The first Tundras built at Toyota's San Antonio plant are expected in showrooms next month. The auto maker recently unveiled its Tundra CrewMax full-size pickup truck at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The large pickup will arrive in showrooms in March.

With its expansion, the Japanese auto maker has struggled with some quality issues. Toyota had 2.2 million vehicle recalls in 2005, but showed improvements last year when its recalls fell to 766,000 vehicles. Toyota President Katsuaki Watanabe has repeatedly vowed to enhance quality controls.

Owners will be notified in mid-February of the Sequoia and Tundra recall and dealers will replace the left and right front suspension lower ball joint at no charge to the vehicle's owners.

Copyright © 2007 Associated Press

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
The problem the big 3 are facing is the false perception of poor reliability of American cars and trucks, and I was one of them, but I took a real good look and my wife liked the Tahoe's and not until I drove and bought an 07 Tahoe did I totally fall in love with the Tahoe. I am now a devoted GM fan and a Tahoe lover!

uxb101

Reaction score
at least toyota has idenified the problem and is resolving it ,unlike gm and their fuel pumps and injectors that crap out at 50k,i have a toyota 4runner and i love it its never let me down and is great in the winter here in Canada i also have a yukon slt that has had a new alternator,fuel pump all 8 injectors,coil,cap rotor ,plugs,plug wires,fuel filter,go in the last month,now my 4x4 sevice light just came on along with a p0300 code that just wont go away and by the way the truck only has 100000miles so wheres my recall$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

uxb101

Reaction score
how many people on this forum had a fuel pump go bad and at what mileage??????there should be a recall on fuel pumps and also on csfi system that has had a servise bulletin on it sense 2002 but no recall,hey dont get me wrong i like my yukon ,i just wish it was a little more reliable.

uxb101

Reaction score
bulletin no:00-06-04-003a
date 2001
sequential fuel injection
if you have this setup in your truck look up this bulletion
i have the pdf file send me a pm and i will send you a copy

radimus

Reaction score
uxb101 said:
at least toyota has idenified the problem and is resolving it ,unlike gm and their fuel pumps and injectors that crap out at 50k,i have a toyota 4runner and i love it its never let me down and is great in the winter here in Canada i also have a yukon slt that has had a new alternator,fuel pump all 8 injectors,coil,cap rotor ,plugs,plug wires,fuel filter,go in the last month,now my 4x4 sevice light just came on along with a p0300 code that just wont go away and by the way the truck only has 100000miles so wheres my recall$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You don't get one. That's just the standard GM 100K mile undocumented maintanence work. Replace the alternator, maybe the radiator, usually the water pump, maybe other random stuff. I've had three GM's so far and they've all been through that at right around that mileage. My fourth GM, my 97 Yukon, has about 25K miles to go before 100K, but I'll just deal with it if it comes to that. I can do a lot of that work myself now. There's lots of room to work under the hood of those things.

uxb101

Reaction score
radimus said:
You don't get one. That's just the standard GM 100K mile undocumented maintanence work. Replace the alternator, maybe the radiator, usually the water pump, maybe other random stuff. I've had three GM's so far and they've all been through that at right around that mileage. My fourth GM, my 97 Yukon, has about 25K miles to go before 100K, but I'll just deal with it if it comes to that. I can do a lot of that work myself now. There's lots of room to work under the hood of those things.
i have a 4runner and a landcruiser,i dont spend to much time under the hood,i dont have to,my 4runner has been much more reliable than my gm but there different trucks,i have 200k on my 4runner havent done a thing except tune up and change the oil and put gas in it toyota makes a good truck ,they build them in texas now!!!!!!!

Moularia

Reaction score
stuff fails to work on vechiles due to not taking care of them, you say you never went under the hood of your 4runner, if that was the case with your GM's then i can pretty much figure out what was wrong with them.. my rearend went out, my fuel pump went out and my tranny almost did the same..
just cause i decided that mine were unstoppable.... didnt change any o fthe fluids on them till 90k, stopped my tranny though from going out... changed the fluids and it is perfect now, i am up north of 120k miles, rearend went out cause i decided to light up the rear tires with some all terrain tires, they lit up, but the rearend permantly locked on me, you can figure out what it did to it on every corner... if you take care of something it will take care of you, if you want a car that can last forever without having to do anything to it... so do i, but before that, i want a million dollars, a mansion, a yacht and all of hughe heffnersj bunnies!

uxb101

Reaction score
stuff fails to work on vechiles due to not taking care of them, you say you never went under the hood of your 4runner, if that was the case with your GM's then i can pretty much figure out what was wrong with them.. my rearend went out, my fuel pump went out and my tranny almost did the same..
just cause i decided that mine were unstoppable.... didnt change any o fthe fluids on them till 90k, stopped my tranny though from going out... changed the fluids and it is perfect now, i am up north of 120k miles, rearend went out cause i decided to light up the rear tires with some all terrain tires, they lit up, but the rearend permantly locked on me, you can figure out what it did to it on every corner... if you take care of something it will take care of you, if you want a car that can last forever without having to do anything to it... so do i, but before that, i want a million dollars, a mansion, a yacht and all of hughe heffnersj bunnies!

this is an old one...i do all the work on my trucks..im not one of those guys who dosent change any fluids i change my own oil every 5000k in my 4runner and my yukon....look dont bash toyota trucks there great trucks..i dont abuse my trucks i have a offroad truck for that a 1977 toyota landcruiser.....