New to the Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXTAHOE96

Reaction score
Ok just picked up a 96 4dr 4x4 Black. This is a beautiful truck. Its got a 3" body lift :ack: and 33'z It has a few few problems I was hoping yall might have a few answers.

Drivers side door saggs. I think I can just replace the door pins and bushings.

Rear left barn door sticks. How do you adjust it?

Front end needs work I figure I should just replace all the bushings, ball joints and tierod ends. Its got 133k on it and its had the 33's on it for the last 30k. I was wondering do you have to press the bushings and ball joints in and out? Have any of you intstalled the energy suspension kits? Was it a good idea or should I stick to the rubber parts at the parts store?

The temp gauge dosnt get over 160? I thought these ran just under 210. I replaced the sending unit and also grounded the lead to test the gauge. When I ground the gauge it pegs out so I know it has to be working ok. Any pointers and what could be wronge.

Thats all I have found so far.

love this truck got it for the wife but I might keep it for me.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about the same temp on my 96 2-door.

drivers door does just need new pins and bushings.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the barn doors go my old suburbans did that, and all I did was just get some WD40 on there and it did the trick, if not I'm pretty sure you can loosen the bolts where the hinges are. Good Luck! :Chevy:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The Energy Suspension kits are good. I've used them in past on a couple of my autox cars and they definitely make a difference. Tighter feel, less deflection, and they'll last much longer.

TXTAHOE96

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a full set of service manuals for this thing. I found helminc.com but I was not sure thats the right place. It only shows manuals that cover all c/k trucks for 1996. I want everything that the dealer has when for service docs