Bumper and Grill guard coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stealth1

Reaction score
Hello fellas, new here and have a question. Just picked up a 1995 Yukon GT 4x4 in decent shape. I live on the gulf coast and fish quite often in or around salt water and that stuff can rust anything in no time. I was wanting to coat the grill guard, nerf bars, and bumpers myself without paying that high price to have them rhino lined. Has anyone done this? How did it turn out? would you attempt to do it again and what coating do you suggest. Thanks for the imput.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used herculiner on the entire floor board of my 95 tracker. it would be about the same. it turned out ok, i did it on a day it was almost 100 degrees in direct sunlight. dried to fast on me. other than it being more work than i had figured and a few spots rusting back out (to thin) it worked out great.

i've heard the spray on is alot easier. if you have a decent size air compressor it could easily be done yourself.