Where To Put A 12" Woofer In A 07 Tahoe???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raiderrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking To Upgrade My Sounds Looking To Put A 12" Woofer In My Tahoe Without It Being In The Way Of The Third Row Seats

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of different options, I hid mine under the rear seats in my 97' you could try that on yours depending on if you have captain seats or bench seats in the back. You could also fiberglass one in the rear pannel, or even if your feeling creative try and install one under the center console, but that woud be pretty tough. My friend just put two 12's behind the third row in his 08 Denali and he just set it up so he could just remove them if needed by pulling em out (just unplugs them and pulls them out). Good Luck :Chevy:

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could only fit a 10" in the rear compartment. I have the power liftgate which burns up some room and a custom box built for it.

Here's a crappy cell phone pic of that area with liftgate motor shown. It is totally hidden but I had to lose the cupholder right above the box. It just has a mesh cover over it now.

TahoeSubBox.jpg

07_Tahoe_CargoLiner_008.jpg

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where's your jack now?

It currently is out of the truck... Gee I better put it back in... isn't that what AAA is for? :)

I plan on buying a watertight battery box or similar and mount it in the "spare battery" compartment under the hood by the fusebox. I just haven't found the right box yet. The jack with lots of padding will fit nice inside the box there.

Last edited:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could only fit a 10" in the rear compartment. I have the power liftgate which burns up some room and a custom box built for it.

Here's a crappy cell phone pic of that area with liftgate motor shown. It is totally hidden but I had to lose the cupholder right above the box. It just has a mesh cover over it now.

How does it sound? It looks like it doesn't have enough space to breathe. :Chevy:

raiderrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 07's dont have much space under the seat since they are also powered seats i had a 04 i had 4 amps + a sound board under the rear bench seat

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Boston Acoustics woofer is really efficient on airspace... It may not rattle windows like a 12", but it is pretty impressive. I want clean bass at lower volumes and this is WAY better than the stock sub. I have a Xtant Amp dedicated to this sub with an amp level volume knob put in the little coin change area so I can shut the flip doors and hide it. I have this amp and another Xtant 4 channel amp stuffed under the center console where the factory sub used to be.

I hate the 2nd row tumble. I used to have an 03 Yukon where it "folded somewhat flat" and where I had the same two amps stuffed under there nicely....

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Boston Acoustics woofer is really efficient on airspace... It may not rattle windows like a 12", but it is pretty impressive. I want clean bass at lower volumes and this is WAY better than the stock sub. I have a Xtant Amp dedicated to this sub with an amp level volume knob put in the little coin change area so I can shut the flip doors and hide it. I have this amp and another Xtant 4 channel amp stuffed under the center console where the factory sub used to be.

Yea, it definately looks clean, I would say anything is better than the stock sub! :Chevy:

OCTAHOE

Reaction score
Snome where is your amp? Did you do the work yourself? On a 1-10 how hard was it? Also can you list what equipment you have and the prices? I Want a system but I dont want it visable. Thanks!

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since nobody has mentioned it yet JL Audio makes a stealthbox 10" subwoofer that fits underneath the center console. Looks pretty sweet, unfortunately I have the bench front seat so I can't get it :(

s2jay

Reaction score
i dont get it...when you say center console do you mean the compartment between the driver/passenger right behind the cupholders that lifts up? also do you think any 10" sub will fit? the one JL offers seems pretty weak. anyone have this box?

shadytahoe

Reaction score
snomon do you know if you can buy that set up on the computer like how its hidden

S

scott_mckinney

Check out my CarDomain and look at my subwoofer setup...
Email me with any questions or to purchase one...

shadytahoe

Reaction score
I clicked on your car domain but i dont see the setup an i doing something wrong

S

scott_mckinney

Hi. It is the last image at the bottom of my CarDomain, custom boxes we build...

shadytahoe

Reaction score
does that have a disconnect on it just incase you need the full trunk space?

S

scott_mckinney

Hi. Yes, I have banana quick disconnect plugs on the back of the box and in the trim panel, for easy removal...
The box is all fiberglass, which means very high quality and finish but no the cheapest... It comes primered and ready for paint. Shoot me an email if you want more info or to order.