Dvd In '02

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hwilsondelk

Reaction score
I have a '02 Yukon SLT. I also now have two kids that like TV and would like to have a DVD player installed in the ceiling. I've looked around and I don't think they offered a rear seat DVD entertainment system on the '02 models. What is the best way for me to get this. Could I use a system designed for a '03:confused: ??

xxLoudAzTahoexx

Reaction score
i have installed a 10.2" screen in the ceiling of my 01 tahoe but its an addition to the 7" flipout i have up front but you could easily purchase a ceiling mount screen that has the dvd player already in it through best buy/circuit city or ne other local speed shop the options are endless for what your looking for. have you though about headrests? the same options are available

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I think because the '03s were the first MY(Model Year) to have one.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Have you thought about the headrests? I have two kids and they can watch two different movies at the same time. Alot easier than arguing over what they want to watch. We install these systems for about $1000. Two headrest monitors and a dvd player. You can install a secondary video source so you can watch two different things at once.
You can also go the overhead route. An aftermarket would be cheaper than the factory system. DEI makes a 15" monitor with built in dvd player. Or you can go smaller like a 10.4 or 9". Any of these can be installed so that you can listen to the system with wireless headphones and/or your factory/aftermarket stereo system.

Attachments

• DEI headrests (3).JPG
    DEI headrests (3).JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about the headrests? I have two kids and they can watch two different movies at the same time. Alot easier than arguing over what they want to watch. We install these systems for about $1000. Two headrest monitors and a dvd player. You can install a secondary video source so you can watch two different things at once.
You can also go the overhead route. An aftermarket would be cheaper than the factory system. DEI makes a 15" monitor with built in dvd player. Or you can go smaller like a 10.4 or 9". Any of these can be installed so that you can listen to the system with wireless headphones and/or your factory/aftermarket stereo system.

JK, How much is that 15" monitor with built in dvd player?
Can you get any pics on it?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
JK, How much is that 15" monitor with built in dvd player?
Can you get any pics on it?

They usually go for about $1200 - $1500 depending on where you go. I'll see if I have any pics later tonight once I get home. You can also try Directed Electronics website. They should have some info about the products they offer.