Advice on a programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99YUKON4LYF

Reaction score
I own a 99' Yukon SLT and im looking into getting a programmer, but my problem is i have a friend that works at a shop. He installs Diablo chips and tells me that there isnt a programmer that will do any significant changes to a 5.7L Vortec. Im wondering if anyone can give me some good advice and some motivation..lol..

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've ridden in an 00 Escalade that had a Hypertech programmer (had the 5.7) and I definately noticed a difference, it shifts were more firm, and it had a little more power, especially off the line. :Chevy:

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Hypertech Max Energy (#32000) for the 5.7L 96+..

Bought it new, hooked it up, and am thinking of selling mine. Works great, Very noticable, but my truck needs some more work before a programmer makes sense for me. I offered it to a couple people $300 shipped (in U.S.) most are $379+ shipping.

Any interest let me know. :thumbsup:

99YUKON4LYF

Reaction score
I appreciate it buddy, ima look into a little more and ill get back to ya....Thanks

bob shirley

Reaction score
talk to ron zimmer at z=industries he has a website,is in temecula,ca
or bryn at pcmforless,he is very good
i had mine done years ago,excellant!
just tell him what you want to accomplish