What's with the ultra-fast blinker light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I throw on my right turn signal, it speed-blinks.Like, double speed...I checked the bulbs, and one had a fizzeled filament. So, I replaced it.

How do I fix it?
Thanks for your thoughts.

Pete

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And by " how do I fix it?", I mean, the bulb-swap didnt help anything. How can I stop the fast blinkning?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it only blink fast when your foot is on the brake, or even with it in park? If it does it when your foot is on the brake, you might have a loose connection in the tail light assembly, or another bad bulb you hadn't noticed before...

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does the front and back turn signal work when its flashing quickly?

make sure the bulb socket is clean. it could be grounding out, thus making it flash faster.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok this is the front passenger side of the vehicle.
yes, bot front and rear blink when I use the turn signal. they blink fast and work properly, just fast. even with the brake depressed, they work the same, just faster than normal. the drivers side does not do this, it is functioning normal.
thanks for all your replies, i just cant seem to figure this one out.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe your flasher relay is just toast. I'm sure someone here will know what kind of relay you need and you can pick one up at the auto parts store for a few bucks... But it does sound like a grounding problem or a bad connection.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'll checl all the wiring.. maybe i pulled something out too far during the bulb replacement or something. And if anyone has this flashing relay part number, that would be great.

thanks,
Pete

brodg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is usually always a bad bulb make sure you are getting good contact inside of the socket also make sure you are using the correct bulbs and it cant hurt to replace the front and back bulbs they are cheap ive seen bulbs brand new wth funky fillaments. i dont know what year or model truck u have so just a guess if it is the 3057 bulbs tighten the socket connections in the socket if it is the older 2057 bulbs check the ground tab in the socket they tend to break off.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i replaced the bunk bulb, and the thing was still blinking fast. I casually mentioned this to a dude at my work, and he said that the bulb could be in backwards. I didnt realize those things had 'polarity' .... so yeah fast blink went away. problem solved.

I'm an idiot for not knowing that.:mad:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you turned the bulb around and it stopped? first i've heard of them having to be put back in a specific way (maybe i've just been lucky every time i've changed out bulbs?) but if it worked it worked.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go figure -- that's pretty weird. An incandescent bulb that was loading the flasher relay incorrectly when reversed. Learn something new every day! :yesnod:

421racing

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my rear tailights...first one side and later the next year the other......

With mine, there was so much buildup of "Dialectric Grease" inside the bulb sockets that the bulb I was replacing could not get contact. I eventially had to take the housings off and clean the contacts out individually with a small flathead and a Qtip. I live in Vegas and I do no know if heat was the issue, but that grease was melted over all of the contacts on both taillights....

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue's on my Tahoe. When changing the bulb I did see this brown "smudge" along with some black "burnt/chared" like look on the circuit board. I didnt remove the "smudge" nor even think that it just might be affecting the Fast blinking of the turn signal. If that doesnt work I had planned on ordering a new circuit board from here

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/TailLights/Chevrolet/Tahoe/1ALTL00063/478747

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue's on my Tahoe. When changing the bulb I did see this brown "smudge" along with some black "burnt/chared" like look on the circuit board. I didnt remove the "smudge" nor even think that it just might be affecting the Fast blinking of the turn signal. If that doesnt work I had planned on ordering a new circuit board from here

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/TailLights/Chevrolet/Tahoe/1ALTL00063/478747

Got mine from Autozone in the HELP brand products section. I thought it was like $35-$40 for both left and right backplanes.

Hardwarz