2007 Escalade Taillights on 2007 Tahoe Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ohmslaw

Reaction score
Is this swap possible? Is it just a matter of a different wiring harness some LEDs and Escalade lens? GM parts guys out there can I get some #'s ? ? The sheetmetal looks the same fit for both.

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Physically they fit. The harness however is different. The Tahoe has a 5 pin and the Escalade has a 6 pin.

The Escalade (called a Z75) has a tail lamp circuit board that is built into the lamp assembly, the Tahoe does not have this curcuit. Here's how it works out.

The Yellow, Yellow/Black and/or Dark Green wires for the stop lamps and turn signals.

Black wire is ground.

Brown wire is for side markers (park) lamps.

Back-up lamp wire is Light Green.

The wire colors are the same on Tahoe and Escalade, there is a possiblity that the Dark Green wire is not found on the Tahoe.

agent 409

Reaction score
someone has a walkthrough of this mod either on chevroletforum or on the other popular gm forum..not gm trucks..i don't remember which one tho.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And as far as price is concerned, anyone know how much this mod would cost someone? Those Escalade lights can't be cheap!

agent 409

Reaction score
other LED taillight options

the following are an escalade look, but without having to change the upper applique due to the lights being rounded at the edge instead of the sharp escalade outer lip piece on the caddy tails.

black housing: http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/product.php?productid=50579&cat=7683&page=1
IC-LEDT-311CB.jpg

red housing: http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/product.php?productid=50360&cat=7683&page=1
IC-LEDT-311CR.jpg

at the bottom of this page, there is a guy who has the red housing ones installed on a white HOE.

---http://www.chevroletforum.com/m_24914/mpage_6/key_/tm.htm

euro and smoke look as well here: http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/home.php?cat=7683

and then there are LED tails with the basic stock housing look of the 07 HOE tails..

red link (chrome also available): http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=6155

redtailsclear.jpg

obviously, any of these will fit the 07 yukons as well..it'll just look like you put tahoe tails on your yukon tho.

hopefully all this info takes care of the LED taillight needs for your 07's.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
/\
l
l
l

These look suspiciously identical to the IPCW's which a few members on this forum own. I could be wrong though. :confused: :umn: :au:

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The upper applique "issue" is not really an issue. It is very minor and only the trained (such as us) will even notice. The wiring is the issue.

First, the leds do not draw enough to let the blinkers operate as designed. Resistors are needed. Alone this is not a big deal.

Secondly, (and compounding the first issue) is the fact that the Tahoe lights do not operate in the same manner as the Eskys. On the Esky, the tail light is seperate and the same set of lights function as the brakes or turn signals. The Tahoe does not divide the functions the same way. When you hack the taillight wiring harness you have to use a coupler designed for trailer wiring to adjust for the light function issues. You also have to wire in two resistors per side.

The link for the chevroletforum is very informative and can be followed by most anyone to get the lights to work. You will have about two hours and around $470 dollars in it. $350 is the going rate for takeoff lights. $50 for new harnesses (unless you hack your original Tahoe ones) and misc resistors and adapters.

I know of what I speak...

Attachments

• Esky light parts 010.jpg
    Esky light parts 010.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 8
  • Esky lights 014.jpg
    Esky lights 014.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 6

WHEELMAN322

Reaction score
The upper applique "issue" is not really an issue. It is very minor and only the trained (such as us) will even notice. The wiring is the issue.

First, the leds do not draw enough to let the blinkers operate as designed. Resistors are needed. Alone this is not a big deal.

Secondly, (and compounding the first issue) is the fact that the Tahoe lights do not operate in the same manner as the Eskys. On the Esky, the tail light is seperate and the same set of lights function as the brakes or turn signals. The Tahoe does not divide the functions the same way. When you hack the taillight wiring harness you have to use a coupler designed for trailer wiring to adjust for the light function issues. You also have to wire in two resistors per side.

The link for the chevroletforum is very informative and can be followed by most anyone to get the lights to work. You will have about two hours and around $470 dollars in it. $350 is the going rate for takeoff lights. $50 for new harnesses (unless you hack your original Tahoe ones) and misc resistors and adapters.

I know of what I speak...

Great...:thumbsup: I'm getting this done ASAP now that someone on the forum has successfully pioneered.

PatrykKoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one of my escalade lights for $60 and the other for a lil' over $100. They were both used of Ebay, and I bought them almost 2 months apart. They were hard to find. I bought the harnesses for $10 each, and then the resistors off that same website. I hacked my oem harnesses, I didn't care. Mod cost me about $210 bucks, did it in about an hour. :)