wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98tahoedude

Reaction score
I remember reading where some people use wheel spacers on the rear wheels to make them stick out a little to be even with the front wheels. Has anybody used these or have any specs on them?

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went to lunch and looked at my front and rear wheels and tires, etc. I dont see any difference between the front and rear. Do you have different wheels in the rear?:confused:

98tahoedude

Reaction score
I just went to lunch and looked at my front and rear wheels and tires, etc. I dont see any difference between the front and rear. Do you have different wheels in the rear?:confused:

What year tahoe do you have? Im talking about the 95-99 style. The front wheels stick out almost past the fender and the rear ones are tucked in more. It is not that noticeable with the stock wheels either but if you have aftermarket wheels that are wider than stock you can really tell. Its just something that has always bothered me about my tahoe, I just dont think it looks right.

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you load down this truck or tow with it, because if you do you may cause problems down the road offsetting the rear tires

madspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mines like this too after putting on the 305/45/20's. May look into soem spacers too. How'd you make out 98dude?

98tahoedude

Reaction score
mines like this too after putting on the 305/45/20's. May look into soem spacers too. How'd you make out 98dude?

Well I found a bunch of spacers on ebay for anywhere from 50 to 100 bucks but never ended up getting them because I ended up trading a guy my 18's for some factory wheels so its not as noticeble with the factory wheels. I think most of the spacers I found were like 1.5" which seemed about right but like I said I didnt end up getting any so I cant give you a definite answer on which ones worked and were good quality. Sorry bro.

Surfer27

Reaction score
most cars have wider track in front to help steering, wider front/narrow rear = better steering

JP422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 2" wide spacers in the rear.. but mainly because My Brembo brake kit from Stillen (early version) had a MASSIVE 2 piece brake rotor hat. I think it was about 1.5" thick... so I also had to install longer wheel studs. It was basically a brake rotr+wheel spacer setup (perhaps to clear the brembo F40 caliper?). Anyway, the front stuck out way more than the rear, so the 2" rear spacers fixed that, and now it looks proper. I wouldn't worry too much about spacing out the rears... because it's a solid axle, and you don't have too worry too much about suspension geometery.

jbenson

Reaction score
i put 2" spacers on my rear w/american racing wheels (little deeper than stock) and 2 was alittle to much, i think 1.5 (even for stock rims) is about right. my buddies got a lathe and we're gunna turn them down to 1.5". one thing i've hear is that you always have to check for them losening up on you.

JP422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That guy is highly recommended!
I've had several spacers and adapters made by Fred Goske over a span of 7-8 yrs... and they were all perfect. I can't say that about the cheaper EBAY spacers which have the right tolerances or were not hub centric. Fred will custom make your spacer to whatever bore, thickness you want... and also uses high quality studs made from US steel... no china metal here.

If you call him, he will tell you to come on down, and he'll make you the spacers while you wait... and test them on your car to make sure it's perfect (if you are local of course). I've tried many different spacers... but none were a perfect fit like his.
He's not as cheap... but definitely worth it.