hummer finally updated !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW, i want a hummer now more than ever,

they put the 6.2 v-8 and a 6 speed tranny in the h2 like the denali's.

updated the interior with the tahoe and yukon stuff.

the website (sadly) no longer offers the h1 on the website.

i really want a hummer, they have a bunch of cool stuff now. YEA.

Last edited:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I actually test drove an Alpha H3 today and the salesman tried to tell me the H2 got the same mileage as my Tahoe, needless to say, I wasn't really buying it.:skep: :skep: :skep: The Alpha had the %.3 non flex fuel engine and of course was slower due to lower gearing.
I am saddened the H1 is no longer produced for us civilians, even though I don't see myself ever paying $130,000 for a vehicle as that is a totally ridiculous amount of money to pay for a depreciating asset and taking it off road to beat the crap out of it, you really need deep pockets, like $10,000 a year for maintenance costs( I know some one that has one) unless I was a multi millionaire, forget it.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually test drove an Alpha H3 today and the salesman tried to tell me the H2 got the same mileage as my Tahoe, needless to say, I wasn't really buying it.:skep: :skep: :skep: The Alpha had the %.3 non flex fuel engine and of course was slower due to lower gearing.
I am saddened the H1 is no longer produced for us civilians, even though I don't see myself ever paying $130,000 for a vehicle as that is a totally ridiculous amount of money to pay for a depreciating asset and taking it off road to beat the crap out of it, you really need deep pockets, like $10,000 a year for maintenance costs( I know some one that has one) unless I was a multi millionaire, forget it.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

dealer logic- same engine, same fuel economy. but the new h2s have the 6.2 not the 6.0. but o so wrong because of the lower gears, but lower gears help with pick up, but take away from top speed. im super happy with 4.10 on my yukon. i think its the best pick up top speed gear combo.

i wanna go test drive an 08 hummer h2, to check out how the new v-8 is and see how the redesigned interior is. they say the LUX adition has seating for 7 with a full third row, but im sure with the full third row , thats that leaves no room for luggage, thankfully they remove in two piece's allowing it to be easier and more versatle.

but your right, i cant see spending 150k on an off road vehicle, a rolls maybe but not an offroad, plus i dont just have 150k laying around to spend LOL. but i still love the h1 alpha. now they need an h2 alpha.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the Off roading thing isn't that big a deal to me as it once was. I was an out doorsy type, but now being older I am into creature comforts, now roughing it to me is getting a Hotel.

yea, but a nice fully loaded hummer has just as many bells and whisles as a fully loaded ltz, the only difference is the 08 hummer h2 fully loaded is MORE than the price of a fully loaded esclade. i could get a fully loaded burban z71 for 30k less and still have as much off road capability as i would ever need, heck i have that with my yukon xl, if i got a hummer i would probably just go on the sand and the rest dry pavement or snow . i mean its 71k for a fully loaded esclade and 77k for a fully loaded hummer h2.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, but a nice fully loaded hummer has just as many bells and whisles as a fully loaded ltz, the only difference is the 08 hummer h2 fully loaded is MORE than the price of a fully loaded esclade. i could get a fully loaded burban z71 for 30k less and still have as much off road capability as i would ever need, heck i have that with my yukon xl, if i got a hummer i would probably just go on the sand and the rest dry pavement or snow . i mean its 71k for a fully loaded esclade and 77k for a fully loaded hummer h2.

I would have to disagree on the off road ability as the Hummer has lower gearing for it's low range. I have a friend that used to take me off roading in his H2 and we had an Avalanche come along, it was lifted and did pretty darn good off road, but in the really rough stuff the H2 is better.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to disagree on the off road ability as the Hummer has lower gearing for it's low range. I have a friend that used to take me off roading in his H2 and we had an Avalanche come along, it was lifted and did pretty darn good off road, but in the really rough stuff the H2 is better.

note i said as i would ever need :thumbsup: i know the hummer has alot more off road capabilities. im not the extrime rock climber type of person. LOL, i would never try that in anything but a hummer or at last resort a land rover:ack: but i think the reason their so un popular is the price , 70k is expensive for anything but a house. i think 40 k for my yukon was expensive.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
note i said as i would ever need :thumbsup: i know the hummer has alot more off road capabilities. im not the extrime rock climber type of person. LOL, i would never try that in anything but a hummer or at last resort a land rover:ack: but i think the reason their so un popular is the price , 70k is expensive for anything but a house. i think 40 k for my yukon was expensive.

We paid $40,000 for the Tahoe, and the H3 Alpha I drove yesterday was $45,000 and I spoiled on the Tahoe's many features in the LT2 package and the Hummer aside from the cool nav unit and the Monsoon system sounded great, but am I going to take a $45,000 vehicle off roading, most likely not as off roading just beats the crap out of the vehicles.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We paid $40,000 for the Tahoe, and the H3 Alpha I drove yesterday was $45,000 and I spoiled on the Tahoe's many features in the LT2 package and the Hummer aside from the cool nav unit and the Monsoon system sounded great, but am I going to take a $45,000 vehicle off roading, most likely not as off roading just beats the crap out of the vehicles.

yea, i have a couple of raddles already in the yukon, im sure from the muddin, i may one day invest 2k in an old running k5 blazer to satisfy my off road needs. but if i ever bought a hummer (not likely) i would do beaches , and thats about it.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, i have a couple of raddles already in the yukon, im sure from the muddin, i may one day invest 2k in an old running k5 blazer to satisfy my off road needs. but if i ever bought a hummer (not likely) i would do beaches , and thats about it.

Yeah I wouldn't dump more than 3 grand into an off road vehicle.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paul SR on american chopper

i think paul SR is way too ruff with his 70k hummer, i mean the episode on tlc now, they hooked up a motor cycle to the rear end, put the bike on the roof, and he floored it and dragged the motor bike through the air to the ground 40 feet down.

another episode i remember them pulling cars apart and rippin the seats out with his hummer.

another one, he is crushing old furniture.

i dont think i would ever treat a hummer like that,

a ford expidetion yes. but not a 70k truck. :eek:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think paul SR is way too ruff with his 70k hummer, i mean the episode on tlc now, they hooked up a motor cycle to the rear end, put the bike on the roof, and he floored it and dragged the motor bike through the air to the ground 40 feet down.

another episode i remember them pulling cars apart and rippin the seats out with his hummer.

another one, he is crushing old furniture.

i dont think i would ever treat a hummer like that,

a ford expidetion yes. but not a 70k truck. :eek:

Yeah, funny how money ruins people's lives. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: [Still, the Teutuls are pretty cool, though it sucks that Vinnie left (I can TOTALLY understand why though)...]

I love the one where Sr. blames Mikey for trashing the tranny in his H2, and calls in the lie-detector dude... :D

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, funny how money ruins people's lives. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: [Still, the Teutuls are pretty cool, though it sucks that Vinnie left (I can TOTALLY understand why though)...]

I love the one where Sr. blames Mikey for trashing the tranny in his H2, and calls in the lie-detector dude... :D

yea that was so funny, i love their worthless fights, like the time they broke down his door. it does suck that vinnie left, his daughter was cute though, it was funny how mikey was playing with the birdie tennis .

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Hummers, and I think the H2 is great, just a little big. I really would like to get an H3 Alpha, those are just sick! However last weekend at the mud pit two guys, one in an H3 (regular/off road package) and another in an H2 came down and followed me through some puddles. They were obviously friends, and were definitely Yuppies. I'm pretty sure the H3 was the guy's wife's. Anyway they both got stock, yes they got stock, I know it was hard to believe. The guy in the H3 hopped out (wearing khakis, and loafers) and ran over to his buddy in the H2, who refused to get out, in fear of getting his loafers muddy. The guy in the H3 was nice, and asked me if I could pull him out, pretty much a breeze for me as H3s are pretty light. However I couldn't move the H2 more than a foot. Fortunately my friend was there in his Ram and yanked the dude out. I was a little shaken by it, I mean Hummer is built for goin off road (for the most part) and I ended up pulling them out. What I learned from the experience is that I won't get a H3 unless it's the Alpha, or is lifted with some M/T tires. And that a pretty much stock Tahoe with M/Ts can move a H2 one foot in deep mud!!:Chevy: