Strobe lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed strobes in their headlights or taillights ? Im looking to put some in my lights or possibly TIR 3 lights in the grill, just wondering if anyone had some experience or suggestions on this set up.
-thanks

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i installed several of the Street Glow Headlight/taillight strobes in my tracker years back. i think there were 5 sets in all. they don't make them anymore and they weren't the greatest. i've seen a few sets that are relativly new to the market that give you emergency vehicle quality without the steep price tag. may have ben plasmaglow's

i've been wanting to put strobes in my tahoe, but haven't had the time or funds to do so. (still waiting on my new headlights to come in as well)

shreksbrother

Reaction score
While strobes are the classic light, LEDs are making a race for #1! I love the LEDs for their low power consumption, but the strobes seem far superior during the day.

I've got Whelen Hide-Aways in my reverse lights and front turn signals. I also have a pair of Whelen sidebeams on my brush guard and a pair of strobe flashers behind my grille. Also a pair of 911EP LEDs mounted to the headliner looking out my barn door windows and a Whelen Talon LED light on the windshield. These are great vehicles to light up!
Adam.
PS - If you're wondering why I'm a lighting dork, I work here: http://www.hayneslighting.com

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, that's some cool stuff! My personal favorite is the Meth Education Vehicle... Now THAT's CLASSY!! :smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

116.jpg

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone connected strobes to the factory hazard switch? That is what I'd like to do. Also, what's a good reliable brand of strobes to get?

Hardwarz

shreksbrother

Reaction score
Hardwarz,
I'm not sure what amperage the hazard light fuse is, but the strobe supply may be too much power for the fuse to handle. Also, you would have to be sure to wire it before the relay, so it gets constant power, instead of alternating (like the on/off flashing that the lights get).
As for strobes, Whelen is your top brand, in my opinion. My strobes are about six years old, used frequently, and are still the originals.
Of course Whelen power supplies are also very good, but I've worked with SVP power supplies also, and have never had a problem from them (and they're a bit cheaper).
Good luck with your project!

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
strobe

shreksbrother,
You should post some pics. or videos of your light set up. Sounds great i plan to follow in the same path once i have the time and money.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shreksbrother,
Cool video, i like the set up you have. The grill lighting looks good and the wigwag strobe set up you have in the headlights is cool too. I saw a tow truck earlier this night covered in amber strobes and LED's, i stopped and got his card and i think i might go to him for some equitment and install. if so i will post some pics/videos.

99tahoee

Reaction score
Was the tow truck T.A Towing by any chance. I have seen him driving around in Chicago. Th:Chevy: e lights look nice but are a little expensive.