Passenger Door Plastic molding issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had trouble with the black plastic molding near the bottom of the window popping out? My driverside rear door plastic molding keeps popping out. Just the top half of it though. It tried putting a little bit of clear silicone on one of the clips and a little dap on an area that touches the car. Only to find 3 days later it has popped out again. I guess a run to the dealer is neccesary. My Yukon is a week old.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine back to the dealership the next day and they ordered new moldings to put on there.

cooltwin

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my tahoe on the driver side rear window. I took it back and they did a shoty job of puting a new one on. needless to say i made them do it 3 times until i was satisfied. I guess when that piece comes undone, they have to put a new moulding on because the adhesive is part of it. now it seems to be fine.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had both rear door plastic moldings replaced today, both of mine had popped out. They said there have been several like that and they had the parts in stock.